opeth on century media?

Relapse just seems the perfect label for Opeth. They are in a position to break them into the US market further (Tours and such), they have a great rep. (see: Dillinger.., Mastodon), they are not too small, they will not alienate existing fans (who really wants Roadrunner?) and they are capable of giving Opeth the support they need to finish humiliating most bands out there (this time i dont want a dvd only covering the newest album/s!).
Please not Nuclear Blast. Please not Roadrunner. Please not Inside Out. Please Relapse.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Relapse just seems the perfect label for Opeth. They are in a position to break them into the US market further (Tours and such), they have a great rep. (see: Dillinger.., Mastodon), they are not too small, they will not alienate existing fans (who really wants Roadrunner?) and they are capable of giving Opeth the support they need to finish humiliating most bands out there (this time i dont want a dvd only covering the newest album/s!).
Please not Nuclear Blast. Please not Roadrunner. Please not Inside Out. Please Relapse.

Well said!

the_3_toed_sloth said:

I've been thinking this myself! Relapse is a great label...plus, they released an Anata cd! best technical death EVER.

the_3_toed_sloth said:

I agree with the Kiwi, oddly enough.

And Anata are great, but there's better tech-death.

Heh, I was gunna see Alchemist live about a fortnight ago, but I had a shocker of a headache and decided not to stick around until they came on.

Luz said:
Okey, this might sound pretty ironic since I was bitching to get 'parcially' what I want with the Bloodbath dvd and 'The Almighty' playing with the Undead at Wacken (please, try to consider that I was only bitching and having fun). BUT, it's not about what we want, they need to feel free to compose and do whatever they want, even if the rest of the mortals don't like it.
Ok, at least that's what I think, besides my irony.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Don't read too much into my words...

It IS also about what we want, certainly from my perspective, I want more albums and for them to have the means to release them. Simple as that.

I have anticipated the release of each as far back as Morningrise having fallen in love with Orchid on its release.

Their motivation is none of my concern.

i think CM is the most likely candidate, which kinda sucks cuz they've screwed over some good bands in the past... but on the other hand they might instantly be the top dog on the label and would get more attention than some of the others have...

Agreed, for some stupid reason I don't see them there too. I don't know how to explain but I know what you mean.

synergy said:
Century Media has a few good bands, (Dark Tranquillity, Shadows Fall, Extol,Nevermore) but for some reason I can't really see Opeth signing with them...