opeth on century media?

yea i think relapse would be cool but most of those bands dont fit the prog style of opeth. and the kewl thing about century media is that all the bands on there label have realy good cd production. and they do a lot of us tours.

Relapse would be great, actually. I had never thought of that option. All their bands cannot easily be cathegorized, just like Opeth. And their albums have great packaging.

Peaceville would be good, but Nuclear Blast is great and is growing and growing.

I'd like to see Opeth in NB ! it would be another level for both of them.

cthulufhtagn said:
:puke: pretty much yeah, except for meshuggah and hypocrisy, and now they have omnium gatherum since rage of achilles went under

And on the other side, Roadrunner still have Obituary (I think), so they realy stay on the same level of shit-ness with notable exceptions. Except that Obituary > Meshuggah, Hypocrisy and OG.

PT is on Lava

As for Opeth, I would love to see them on a major, but Relapse would work well.

This is taken from that site you have mentioned before:
Hey kids, F-P-E was contacted today by Opeth guitarist/frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt. We LOVE Opeth!

Mikael reports that Opeth has almost 100 minutes of new music recorded and that the band is currently rehearsing and shopping for a new record label to call home.

Mike is using D'Addario Strings to rock Opeth style!

Stay tuned!

Maybe 'The Almighty' and Peter are rehearsing, as for Martín López and Martín Méndez are in Uruguay right now.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Dark Thane said:
yeah i wouldn't be surprised to see Opeth on Relapse, Metalblade, Nuclear Blast or other labels like that.
I found some new info on Opeths status just recently: http://www.f-p-e.com/?200501 scroll down on this page a bit.

Bad things happen to bands that go on NB late in their careers. Death goes to NB: Last album. Immortal goes to NB: last album. Emperor: last album. Nuclear Blast: Where bands go to die.

I think it would be pretty cool if Opeth went back to Candlelight. Not going to happen. I think the odds of them being signed by someone like Atlantic are pretty good. If they go to any of the labels tossed around here, they instantly become the biggest band on the label.

For those interested to know, Lacuna Coil is the top selling band on Century Media with over 150k albums sold in America alone.

Would love to have Opeth get that kind of exposure there.

^bwhahahaha! number of times i've played "comalies": once....and that was hard enough.