Opeth on Criminal Minds

CausaMortisXx26

New Metal Member
May 11, 2006
The opeth tune from damnation " Death Whispered a Lullaby" was just featured on national television in the united states. An episode clad with medevil references, the music plays at the end of the episode, to mark the death of a character. Sweet. Good music on television.:kickass:

I gather that the guy is happy that opeth was played on a TV show called Criminal Minds

I saw the end of the show. And was blown away that i was hearing Opeth!
Don't know how i feel about this. whether it's a good thing or not but it was surprising.

CausaMortisXx26 said:
The opeth tune from damnation " Death Whispered a Lullaby" was just featured on national television in the united states. An episode clad with medevil references, the music plays at the end of the episode, to mark the death of a character. Sweet. Good music on television.:kickass:
just concerned, had a programme here not that long ago who tried to accuse death metal of making people kill others. Quite rediculous in my opinion, unless there are sad dumbfuck arses who would be inclinded to do that sort of thing anyway, that all.
NOT OEPTH, i say :cool:

Ken Lyall said:
just concerned, had a programme here not that long ago who tried to accuse death metal of making people kill others. Quite rediculous in my opinion, unless there are sad dumbfuck arses who would be inclinded to do that sort of thing anyway, that all.

If you mean the programme called "Death Metal Murders" that went out on BBC 2 a couple of months ago, I wasn't left with the impression that the show was pushing the cause/effect connection between death metal and murder. There were some bereaved people on the show expressing that view, but plenty of material expressing the opposing view.

The funniest people on the show were those baldy metallers who were so grim that they were condemning people for going to metal gigs to "drink beer" and "have fun with friends". Perish the thought. :erk: I caught myself having fun with a beer in my hand at the last Opeth show I saw, so I was immediately forced to flip out and put an icepick through my friend's face. That showed him. And me.

Ken Lyall said:
I can tell you one thing... anyone who disses my death metal has it coming to them. ;)

The episode was called "The Fisher King," and was Criminal Minds' season finale. The show comes on CBS and you might catch it again through re-runs. I about died when I heard "Death Whispered a Lullaby" playing. I wonder how much money they got for it?

I thought the show really well done - the episode had many medieval references and the 'bad guy' was setting up a "quest" of sorts for the FBI Behavorial Analysis Team to solve to rescue a girl. The pyschological aspect of the show + medieval references really made the inclusion of Opeth absolutely perfect! The cliffhanger left a gun pointed at a main character in her home directly after the song played. I wonder if the title of the song hints that she was killed off?