Opeth + Paradise Lost Nottingham last nite

ciccio12

Large Member
Apr 25, 2006
Stafford, Little Britain.
It was the first time I had seen either live, the gig was amazing, Opeth were MAGICAL (I mean it). It is only live that you can appreciate the way in which these superb musicians can concoct this artistic creation, of a kind no other band in the world does.
I was deep down there inside every note, I noticed how they worked out some new passages (even more intricate than on the album) for classics, like When and Deliverance, I'm also pleased to see they are a bunch of jokers too. But all the irony and jokes aside, they were also very warm and connected with us. Unlike other gigs i've been to everyone was hype and there were no people who weren't bothered.
Paradise Lost also very good.
Were you there? what did you think?

Ah, hope you'll enjoy it!
They are going to take a very long break after this tour (Opeth) so this means.. No more Opeth for a while.
Why don't you take some pics and post them here? Say hello to them for me.

Haven't seen PL is a long time (the last time some 10 years ago..), but back then their performance often suffered from Nick's alcohol consumption.. So in the past they were not a steady live act, but I don't know about now.. I'd like to see them again, I still need to check out their latest album.

Haven't seen PL is a long time (the last time some 10 years ago..), but back then their performance often suffered from Nick's alcohol consumption.. So in the past they were not a steady live act, but I don't know about now.. I'd like to see them again, I still need to check out their latest album.

Their latest is great in my opinion. And the artwork rocks! You'd better check it out indeed ;)

The latest is as Tone-Deaf said, great.
IMO the best since Draconian Times. Looking forward to catching this show.
Unfortunately i have no digi camera or scanner so there will be no photos up from me. But i`ll file a report.

I have to say, PL's performance in Nottingham was considerably weaker than Opeth's. Im not biased or anything, I love them both the same, but I have to say they don't make your shirt explode live.

the latest album is more doomish and heavy than the previous, and there's no industrial sound like in symbol of life, which i enjoyed, but it's really differnet. I could say that it could be even a classic one, over the madness gives a sooo majestic feeling to the album at the end.