Paradise Lost my interest

Eagle said:
Don Airey is also currently in Deep Purple.

I can't believe I missed Hammerfall what time where they on ;)
:OMG:

Yeah?

When I was at Poirtiers France last november I've bought French "Rock Hard" mag at super market and it had free CD on it, one of the track included Hammerfall song, I instantly disliked it.

Mickie Dee from Motörhead have told them off Hammerfall for copying Helloween.

Hammerfall's comic books or cd sleeves are really crap.

Helloween should be headlining instead of f**king gay like Nightwish.
Rabbit Don't Come Easy is bloody good album up there one of the best album this year.

Heh I could see them this months in London anyways.

Nightwish has committed a crime for ruining Ozzy and Gary Moore classic.
Most of Finnish metal band is GAY. ie. Tarot, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, 69 Eyes etc. They make Foreigner, Jounery, Heart, Reo Speedwagon, Asia sounding like Slayer.

I've never said having female vocals are gay or female in metal. Bring on Rock Bitch, Drain STH, Girl School, Doro, Lacuna Coil, Arch Enemy, Suzy Quatro, Coal Chamber, White Zombie you name it.

What's so original about female singing like Halford? Original is like Sepultura's Roots or shit like that.

I'd rather bang good old Doro than Tarja.

GWAR's bitch?

half of the reviews were folk acting like sheep, (no pun intended btw) what one says the other agree's and follows
That i find very wrong... just because people dont like them dont mean they sheep for saying so...
Their attitude did suck. That was obvious to every1!
And if i and others found em boring then so be it, we are aloud to voice our opinions on 1 gig if we want, as its the one we saw. Personally can think of no other words for it as im sure many others cant, i found them irreprably dull... and if u want doom metal dont go to a power metal festival, coz the power metal crowd seems to love audience participation, not askin them all to make us sing along, itd jus be better if they would shout abuse at ppl shouting requests, had a lil more enery than a squashed newt, christ nightwish where fantastic but they didnt include the crowd too much, you could jus feel the energy and you could see they where glad to be there and their music was amazing. PL the music may have been good, but the feel of it was shitty, and that what a live gig is about to me, if i jus wanted good music id listen to a cd, not go to the concert, i go to gigs for the feel, and the feel during para lost sent one of my mates to sleep and actually made me leave the auditorium mid set for the loo (and i never do that) but the plus is that i got some fulc cds and a shirt signed for my fiancee, they where quite cool, only saw the end of the set as edguy where to great to miss :)

and man, stop callin things GAY, is the stupidest insult know to man!

ironeagle said:
we are aloud to voice our opinions on 1 gig if we want, as its the one we saw.. and if u want doom metal dont go to a power metal festival....nightwish where fantastic but they didnt include the crowd too much.... the feel during para lost sent one of my mates to sleep and actually made me leave the auditorium mid set for the loo.... !

This string is going nowhere. Like I said before it'd be boring if we were all the same. Personally I like PL and have every cd, and I like every cd except Host, but I think Nick has lost it a bit. He was never that bad 5 years ago. But of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I thought Edguy were one of the biggest piles of crap I've ever seen. I actually lasted about 2 minutes before going for a drink. And Nightwish were bloody torture, like pulling teeth. My g/f and my 12 year old thought PL were fantastic but went back to the hotel after 2 songs of Nightwish. Now who the f*ck said this was a power metal festival??? Nobody told me. I'm hoping to see Cathedral, My Dying Bride, Moonspell next year. No power metal there. But I don't mind if there are Power metal bands on there. I enjoyed Dragonforce for instance, but I can understand why some people didn't. Cheesy but f*ckin' great I thought. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety.

Opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one.

I really liked PL's performance....I just wanted to chime in on the calls for a signing session. Didn't they have a performance in Germany the night before? They were probably tired as hell. They probably just decided not to do it due to that.

ironeagle said:
and if u want doom metal dont go to a power metal festival

It IS called bloodstock METALfest. Look at the 2001 and 2002 lineups and you may notice a few very good non power metal bands

I wasnt actually there for this years bloodstock, lack of funds, no hammerfall ect, but anyway, the point at hand...

Paradise Lost, i love em, ok, perhaps they re not suited to bloodstock.... as a big fan of there music, i dont really mind the lack of movement, but again, if i was not a fan id be bored shitless im sure, and as for Nicks sarcastic humour and dour misrable git image, i think its great, he always been like that, personnaly i find it funny, maybe its just me, i guess p lost are a fans band, rather than a festival crowds band!

Lets have anathema next year? far better!

hehe thought id get ppl talkin with tht lin,e it was more a way to start up sum new argumebnt, sorry if ne1 dun like that, nawt better than a friendly argument tho, it what keeps the webboards interesting:) hehehe :) sorry if im wrong in any1s eyes, i dun like violent ppl jus the friendly arguments, they make it fun to reply. but yeah this years fest had much more a power metal feel and i didnt feel that PL fitted that well with the surrounding bands, they wouldve prolly gone down a storm elsewhere, attitude or no, but the feel of this gig seemed different and they didnt fit very well in the bill of things for me

I dont think PL won any new fans on Sat, and they may have lost a few...Personally, not really heard much of their stuff b4 sat, + to be honest, i dont really care if i never hear fropm the dull unimaginative lot again. The only real down point of the festival for me...

your damn right about that crube :)
and eagle, agreed, just powermetal rules, makes the fest what it is, i dun remember many mainstage acts bein nethin other than power metal exept for paradise lost... correct me if im wrong...

johnhall said:
(Anyone else spot the Iced Earth guitarist?)

The Iced Earth guitarist as in Jon Schaffer or as in the new guy that probably won't last more than a year (no offence to him personally but Iced Earth don't exactly have a very good track record of holding onto band members)? :p

And I think Nicko McBrain was there; on my way back to the youth hostel I was passed by a black Jag with a Maiden style custom number plate (I can't tell you what the number was or he'll probably sue me; rest assured it was probably a very expensive number), and Nicko drives a black Jag. I'm SO pissed off I couldn't get him to stop. He almost ran into me too. :yell:

And I think Nicko McBrain was there; on my way back to the youth hostel I was passed by a black Jag with a Maiden style custom number plate (I can't tell you what the number was or he'll probably sue me; rest assured it was probably a very expensive number), and Nicko drives a black Jag. I'm SO pissed off I couldn't get him to stop. He almost ran into me too. :yell:[/QUOTE]

I saw Nicko last monday at Marriot hotel in London, I was doing hard work and maybe it payed off.

I saw him from behind and I thought he was a motor bike delivery man. But when you see him from the sideways he has flat nose so it's easy to recognise him.

Anyways I got his autographs haha! :)

I'm not a big Iron Maiden fan though cos they sounds all the same and I don't really like that new single but I'll make my judgement on new Dance Of Death tomorrow.

I'm more of a Priest man myself, although Ripper was great singer can't wait for the REAL METAL GODS album next year with ROB.

Judas Priest most influencial and under rated. They deserve more RESPECT!

\m/

Well, just so you know, No More Lies and Paschendale (from the new album) are far, FAR better than the single. They were played on the Radio 1 Rock Show recently.

Interview with Bruce Dickinson: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/rockshow/index.shtml

Click "listen again" and skip forward to around 1hr 5mins. That takes you to half-way through Wildest Dreams, and the interview starts just after that. The first new track, Rainmaker, has a crappy chorus, but don't be put out by that as the two tracks that follow are great.

PopcornDave said:
The Iced Earth guitarist as in Jon Schaffer or as in the new guy that probably won't last more than a year (no offence to him personally but Iced Earth don't exactly have a very good track record of holding onto band members)? :p

And I think Nicko McBrain was there; on my way back to the youth hostel I was passed by a black Jag with a Maiden style custom number plate (I can't tell you what the number was or he'll probably sue me; rest assured it was probably a very expensive number), and Nicko drives a black Jag. I'm SO pissed off I couldn't get him to stop. He almost ran into me too. :yell:

The new guitarist who'll probably not last more than a year. I don't think Jon was there. I don't think Nicko was there either. At least not this side of the stage. Anybody would spot that nose a mile off.