Paradise Lost

MentaLee

Goldmember
Jan 14, 2003
Coventry,UK
Visit site
Ok, so I hold my hands up to losing interest in this band a long, long time time (around Draconian Times) but tonight I went along to JBs in Dudley to see them.......actually I wasn't bothered about seeing them, i wanted to see the support band Tapping the Vein (http://www.tappingthevein.com for anyone who's interested (I doubt they are most peoples thing here but hey!))

Anyway, Tapping the Vein were excellent, really wish I'd got to see them more than the once on the tour, but at least I got to see them!! Heathers voice is just incredible and I had a brief chat with her at the merch stand and she was telling me that they'd sold out of everything the record company had given them merch-wise!! Looks like things are looking good for TTV!

As for Paradise Lost.........they rawked!!!!!!! I was very impressed with their entire set...i shall be buying their new album sometime this week........they played the single of it (forget what it was called) but damn was it good!! I am gonna go dig out my PL cds and give them all a whirl tomorrow i reckon, starting with Icon!!!

Anyone else out there who's lost interest like me, do yourselves a favour and dig out some PL and give it a loud blasting........trust me, these guys are gonna kill at Bloodstock!!

I caught them earlier this year for the first time (the last time they came to the US was 10 years prior) and thought they kicked ass! They are one of the main reason I got Bloodstock tickets this year. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again. The single is Erased I believe.

Did they do any older stuff? Everything sounded great, but As I Die and Enchantment, and Small Town Boy were the highlights for me.

Another Tapping The Vein fan here :) Heather's lovely to chat too and they even played 'Cornflake Girl' at the special request of a fan at the London Gig. Very humble folks. I hope that they are able to build on the sucess of this tour.

I saw Paradise Lost 3 times on this tour (Stockholm, Malmo, London) though my intention in buying tickets was primarily to see Within Temptation and to be honest they've sounded better than they have for years. Their attitude on stage could still be a lot better (mainly Nick), but the set had a new consistency and the old songs (with the exception of As I Die) were played well and without too many changes). They haven't released a really brilliant album since 'Draconian Times', but each disk does contain a couple of gems.

Will be cool to see them again @ Bloodstock (I've bought my ticket now Vince), even though Nightwish, Masterplan, Dragonforce and Powerquest are the bands I'm really looking forward to seeing.

Apart from Bates Motel, Paradise Lost are the only other band I really want to see on the Saturday.
I might be going against the grain here a bit, but One Second is there best album by a long shot. Awesome stuff.