Opeth........Short.......Weak.........Set In Calgary

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
OPETH Play Abbreviated Set In Calgary

Sweden's OPETH reportedly played a five-song set in Calgary, Alberta Wednesday night (January 21), with a drum technician filling in behind the kit for Martin Lopez, who is said to be still at home in Sweden recovering from a recent bout of panic attacks. OPETH frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt reportedly repeatedly apologized for the abbreviated performance and said that their next show in the area "would be the heaviest show ever." OPETH's next show is scheduled to take place Friday, January 23 at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver, British Columbia.

From BlabberMouth.Net

Well, I think it's pretty commendable considering the fact that most bands would have cancelled being faced with no drummer..the guy who filled in only had like one day to figure the parts out (Martin has been having some problems recently and I hope he gets better soon). Another really cool thing I found out is, Opeth offered people $$ back due to the shortened set (how many times have you seen that happen? That would be never for me..and I've been to shows that had been cut short..the basic attitude has been...tough shit if you don't like it). They are a class act, and I'm glad I'm a fan....oh yea...and I don't give a rat's ass if you all think they suck...I've said it before...I like what I fucking like.

AND...everyone's raving about how awesome Moonspell was...I've seen Opeth twice..one heavy set and one mellow set...both times they sounded awesome...I've never seen Moonspell and I really like them too so it's not a total wash.

I'd go just to watch Mikael play acoustic guitar and sing with no band, he's THAT good.

MindInsane said:
Well, I think it's pretty commendable considering the fact that most bands would have cancelled being faced with no drummer..the guy who filled in only had like one day to figure the parts out (Martin has been having some problems recently and I hope he gets better soon). Another really cool thing I found out is, Opeth offered people $$ back due to the shortened set (how many times have you seen that happen? That would be never for me..and I've been to shows that had been cut short..the basic attitude has been...tough shit if you don't like it). They are a class act, and I'm glad I'm a fan....oh yea...and I don't give a rat's ass if you all think they suck...I've said it before...I like what I fucking like.

AND...everyone's raving about how awesome Moonspell was...I've seen Opeth twice..one heavy set and one mellow set...both times they sounded awesome...I've never seen Moonspell and I really like them too so it's not a total wash.

I'd go just to watch Mikael play acoustic guitar and sing with no band, he's THAT good.
Oh God......MI........a long display of Loyalty..............I'm Gonna...........:puke:

Pyrus said:
Hey, dude, it's no less than you would do for Exodus. Loyalty is commendable...yes, even to Blowpeth. :p
I have never questioned MI's Loyalty, thats one of her best trait's, and I respect all her opinions.............in fact I perdict, she will make a great breeder, and will be a great housewife............someday!:loco:

Good News!
Lopez is feeling much better and will join the band in Seattle this Saturday!

Due to Lopez sickness Opeth were forced to cancelled the gig in Edmonton. In Calgary and Vancouver Opeth played a reduced set.

Source - [url]www.opeth.com[/url]
Well....I guess you all can stop laughing. I'm going to see them Sunday night...and the full-heavy set will happen...so yea Val..I did buy a ticketo_O

DE...I love ya...but you're pushin' it again:err:

This will be me Sunday night during Opeth and Moonspell --->:kickass:

This will be me during Devildriver ---->:confused: :erk: :Smug: :bah: :puke: :zzz: