Opeth should headline a tour with...

I'd like to see Opeth and Pain Of Salvation together.
Katatonia its kinda meh to me.
Bloodbath and Opeth would be the best though.

Décadent said:
http://www.hailmetal.com/gate.html?name=MReviews&op=show&rid=100

[/plug]

But realy, if you've only heard the full length and found it too meandering (even for an Opeth fan), I suggest you check out the demo "Against the Seasons". It's much more direct, purposeful and aggressive, and generaly much better in all respects.

I heard it when it came out and liked it alot, so I was hoping the full length would be similar.
now that I think about it...I redownloaded that ep from you.

Probably yeah. But from what Dave says in that interview, the next album will be much more metal. One can only hope, but if he does anything similar to Against the Seasons it'll be worth a listen for sure.

Décadent said:
I'd quite like to see this "top 10 of nick's posts".
i have a great poster of them on my office wall. complete with original illustrations.

Burzumite said:
I'd like to see Opeth and Pain Of Salvation together.
Katatonia its kinda meh to me.
Bloodbath and Opeth would be the best though.
bwahahaha! fuckin urbana?! i'm from yellow springs. obviously, western ohio has more metal fans per capita than any state in the union.
cheers.

Shadows Skulk said:
BORK
NA
GAR
winner.jpg

Opeth headlining with Death.

And yes...Chuck Schuldiner will rise from his grave. :headbang:

And I might add...with either Death's Spiritual Healing lineup or their Symbolic lineup. :headbang:

Wreath said:
Opeth headlining with Death.

And yes...Chuck Schuldiner will rise from his grave. :headbang:

And I might add...with either Death's Spiritual Healing lineup or their Symbolic lineup. :headbang:

we can all dream. in addition to you wish, i'd also like to then see the beatles (all 4 of them) perform.

Hmm.. I wonder how you guys would respond to my two favorite bands touring together... They are both international... Different Genre.... And USUALLY people who listen to one DON'T listen to the other.. That's why I'm rarity. Can't find other musicians who want to help me cover both bands.

One would obviously have to headline though, because of popularity reasons, I wouldn't care which one but it would probably be a certain one. I love both drummers pretty much equally, since they have different styles I don't compare to much. But i'm better at covering one than the other.

If any of you have guessed by now and got it right congrats. Answer below.

Opeth and Dream Theater. (Martin Lopez & Mike Portnoy)

Darfus said:
Hmm.. I wonder how you guys would respond to my two favorite bands touring together... They are both international... Different Genre.... And USUALLY people who listen to one DON'T listen to the other.. That's why I'm rarity. Can't find other musicians who want to help me cover both bands.

I fear this is never going to happen, but I agree it would be awesome, since I like both bands a lot.

It is interesting you brought the "covering both bands" topic, for I am in some kind of an Opeth cover band, and two of my bandmates (bassist and vocalist) just started a Dream Theater cover band. Actually I know a lot of people who like both bands.