Opeth should headline a tour with...

TheButcher said:
What do you think about this tour??

Opeth-Katatonia-Nightingale-Evergrey-Agalloch-Green Carnation-Novembers Doom-Anathema-The Gathering

By tour do you mean one show? Because if all those bands played a legit number of songs it would span the length of a tour.

I also want Opeth and Pain of Salvation.

Because, well, duh, they are the best, most innovative and most talented bands out there at the moment. Well, "most talented" applies to Gildenlöw and Lopez at the very least.

Yeah, that includes the terrible dream theater with mister showoff Portsnot

let's face it: the idea of "innovative" and original in metal is a dead issue. maybe music as a whole, but i dont listen to everything so it's hard to say. but, yes, in metal? come on. how much room is there to be original? everyone rips off someone else and those who dont admit it are lying. metal begins and ends with Sabbath (who were nevertheless inspired by blues). unless someone with more knowledge about music history (NFU) says different, thats what i think.
just tired of the "innovative" theme. yawn.
ps: this isnt directed at you Longinus. i was already gonna bring this up when i read your post.

dorian gray said:
let's face it: the idea of "innovative" and original in metal is a dead issue. maybe music as a whole, but i dont listen to everything so it's hard to say. but, yes, in metal? come on. how much room is there to be original? everyone rips off someone else and those who dont admit it are lying. metal begins and ends with Sabbath (who were nevertheless inspired by blues). unless someone with more knowledge about music history (NFU) says different, thats what i think.
just tired of the "innovative" theme. yawn.
ps: this isnt directed at you Longinus. i was already gonna bring this up when i read your post.

well i think youre pretty much right. when all is said and done..what makes you metal...is not how heavy you are, how fast or technical your solos are...or how good your screams are or whatever else. sabbath is indeed the start and finish of metal...they had the attitude, atmosphere, uniqueness, darkness and sideways thinking aproach to rock music at the time...and there wouldnt be metal without them...at least how weve come to know it.

i also agree that most originality in metal is gone...and is in most other genres too...so i think music will have to regress or return to its roots in order to become new and fresh again.