Opeth should headline a tour with...

Décadent said:
Right - you. Keep your mouth shut until you hear the "Against the Seasons" demo.

ive heard the demo...its night and day compared to the full length, i agree. my comment was in regards to the people who love the full length and think its good...

Heliotropic_Rose said:
that's too many bands to set through for me, i prefer 3 at the most

Three is good, but I'd definitely kill for that show. Comfortable or not, it would be the most amazing thing since amazing things.

Heliotropic_Rose said:
that's too many bands to set through for me, i prefer 3 at the most

finally someone fucking agrees with me, i can't stand shows with a shitload of bands, even if i like all of them, it's just too much at once. this is why i don't go to any big festivals/ozzfest or anything of the sort.

on WoY: Joey, woods of gaypres sounds a little out there..woods of herpes makes more sense, since it rhymes and all. actually, i do like them, just thought i'd say it haha.

also, since we're talking about metal, any fans of Death, Cynic, or Atheist, try and check out Gory Blister. I know their name sounds lame, but they're in similar vein as those bands, and are really good. I heard a cover of them doing 1000 eyes (Death), and was impressed, so I dl'ed some tracks, and sounded good, so i ordered the cd from canada, apparently it's pretty hard to find. but if you can't find anything, i'll send some mp3s for those interested or whatever.

deliverance said:
finally someone fucking agrees with me, i can't stand shows with a shitload of bands, even if i like all of them, it's just too much at once. this is why i don't go to any big festivals/ozzfest or anything of the sort.

on WoY: Joey, woods of gaypres sounds a little out there..woods of herpes makes more sense, since it rhymes and all. actually, i do like them, just thought i'd say it haha.

also, since we're talking about metal, any fans of Death, Cynic, or Atheist, try and check out Gory Blister. I know their name sounds lame, but they're in similar vein as those bands, and are really good. I heard a cover of them doing 1000 eyes (Death), and was impressed, so I dl'ed some tracks, and sounded good, so i ordered the cd from canada, apparently it's pretty hard to find. but if you can't find anything, i'll send some mp3s for those interested or whatever.

I love the music from Gory Blister...but I can't really stand the vocals. They sound more Meshuggah influenced than Chuck to me. I really have a problem with those type of vocals for some reason. I think bands like Martyr and Capharnaum would be so much better with a better vocalist. This rising experimental technical dm band called Sleep Terror is fantastic and is in need of a vocalist. Their guitarist said he wouldn't mind a vocalist who sounds like the guy from Meshuggah, but I would!!! haha. Oh well..

As for this Opeth tour...it would be hard for them to tour bands similar to their style like Novembers doom, Agalloch, Novembre etc

I say they should tour with Dismember, Grave and an Edge of Sanity line up.

NineFeetUnderground said:
ive heard the demo...its night and day compared to the full length, i agree. my comment was in regards to the people who love the full length and think its good...

Good to hear, but the full length does have a certain amount of appeal. It's no-where near as strikingly good as the demo, but it's definitly grown on me a lot, but it's very seasonal. You've gotta be pouring with sweat to realy enjoy it, which in many ways limits its appeal, hah.

The demo was crisp, coherent and concise. The full length was meandering, pretentious and generaly boring. Come now, who realy gives a fuck about production?

actually, i just listened to the LP again, and...yeah it's not too good. i mean i never thought it was incredible, i had heard it maybe 3 or 4 times, and thought it was pretty good, but i listened to it more intently and basically every song sounds the same..and it's boring, as nick said. also, as mentioned a while ago in a diff. thread, the dude can't sing haha. i'll give the EP another listen tomorrow, and see if my opinion changed, as of now i enjoy it.

Possible combinations I'd personally like to see....

Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Devin Townsend Band
Opeth, DTB, SYL
Opeth, Agalloch, Green Carnation
Opeth, Nevermore, Arch Enemy
Opeth, Katatonia, Dark Suns
Opeth, In Flames/Dark Tranquility, Soilwork
Opeth, Borknagar, Moonsorrow

Hmm, the order could be mixed and I wouldn't give a shit 'cause I want to see these bands live so that's cool with me. It just seems like these combinations would make the most sense. Then again it is 4:47AM so maybe I'm not in the best state of being to justify such logic. Oh well...screw it.