Opeth show in Edmonton DELAYED!!

I think posting this now would be fitting....

" Right before we went on stage we got a message that the flight for Chile was leaving that same night. The promoter basically had a different idea on what a contract meant and had fixed an impossible flight routing. In the end, the promoter had fooled us, our crew and the Chilean fans. We had to cancel the gig. We we’re all devastated and very disappointed. We’ve never cancelled a gig before Chile. I know the fans felt cheated by us and everybody else, but reality is, we felt just as cheated as the fans. Opeth has a rare credibility that we intent to keep intact, and cancelling gigs will not only cost us a lot of money, but also tarnish that credibility. That’s what happened with Chile. Many of the fans there got so upset that they’re no longer fans of Opeth. Now, I didn’t start to play music do become some kind of cunt who loathe the fans. All of us have the utmost respect for our fans. Wherever we’re

playing, we’re giving our people what they want and rightfully deserve. But when you get involved with people like the ones who worked with us in Mexico and Chile, it’s hard to prevent mistakes from happen. We’re just a band at the end of the day, and we can’t stop the greed or stupidity of the promoters, and believe me, there’s plenty of that around in this business."

I was thinking about that exact thing as i was driving back - i sure hope that that is not the case.

-did they cancel the gig that they were going on stage for when they heard the news? or was that gig in another country?

Well I went back and talked to the girl at the ticket counter. Here is the news.

Martin Lopez is apparatly really sick, and still in Sweden. The rest of the band is fine, but they haven't arrived yet. They were going to get a new drummer to fill in, but needed time to rehearse, so that's why the show's been delayed. Apparently, they're going to be in tonight after the Moonspell/Devil Driver show and are going to sign autographs.. so I'll be there, and ask the band for myself.

Ahh man, that SuXoRz!!! That's gay, I hope Lopez gets well soon, I don't want to see some half assed drummer performing when they hit Denver, I want to hear fucking Lopez busting out those sick beats!!! These guys are working their asses off, and hitting misfortune at every step of the way. Fuck. Get well soon Lopez!!

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Ahh man, that SuXoRz!!! That's gay, I hope Lopez gets well soon, I don't want to see some half assed drummer performing when they hit Denver, I want to hear fucking Lopez busting out those sick beats!!! These guys are working their asses off, and hitting misfortune at every step of the way. Fuck. Get well soon Lopez!!

Hopefully its nothing too serious and Martin will be well soon. Again hopefully in time for the Denver show as there is no replacement for Martin Lopez.

Thanks - I still have my fingers crossed though - hopefully all will be well and i will get to see them in at least one of the cities - even with a backup drummer.

CanuckTuck said:
Thanks - I still have my fingers crossed though - hopefully all will be well and i will get to see them in at least one of the cities - even with a backup drummer.

What's going to happen for me? Calgary :(

i hope martin gets better (deep down inside my black, and greedy soul, i hope that he gets better so I can see them in concert).....i am a terrible person...but really best of wishes.

Your guess is as good as mine - I have tickets for Calgary as well.

The promotor of the show (i think) should post what's up

here .

i have tickets for calgary as well, im from medicine hat, so im going to find out if the show is happening, or its a waste of a 3 hour drive!

Ach. Because it was moved. I can't go! :( :( :(

I am now very sad. I was really looking forward to the show! Ach the evil scheduling of my life. I just managed to clear it up for today. Well there are still the CDs but I really wanted to see them live.
And, unless they cancel on Thursday I don't get money back. (I'm not hoping for the cancellation but I wish they'd give refunds if you can't go because of the moved date. Even if I don't get to see them I want other people to have the chance. And my friend would be upset for a couple weeks like when she couldn't go to another concert due to school)