Opeth show in Edmonton DELAYED!!

Shitty, I know a guy who drove all the way from Saskatoon for that show, bad luck! I'm hoping that nothing like this happens in Toronto, I'm paying 215 for a plane ticket there!

:erk:
Yeah. As disappointed as I am about not being able to go because its on Thursday. I know that it wasn't the band plotting against me. :rolls her eyes:
Nor is it their fault.

I've had issues with playing at concerts before (although I play nothing like them. No, really I'm a classical violinist who would love to start a metal band :headbang: ) I know how hard it can be and how uncontrollable it is. Just wish it didn't have to happen today.

guess I didn't sacrifice enough chickens to the gods of metal :worship:

lol, anyway...
Opeth will still remain high on my music list along with Katatonia, Dark Tranquility, Lacuna Coil, Theatre of Tragedy, Epica, and other bands whose music is so expensive or non-existant in Edmontonian stores.

Well it depends on the album but they're pretty heavy. quite a bit of growl in lots of their work.

I'm not exactly sure who to compare them to they're not as technically (instrunmentally) sound as Opeth (to my ear) but they share some elements they are also (other than the vocals) a bit like Katatonia...hmm I'm having trouble describing them...

Basically my friends introduce me to new bands. I borrow their CDs see if I like and if I do I go get them myself. The only illigitimate songs I have right now are a couple Theatre of Tragedy because they were recommended by one of my friends in England and he sent me a couple to listen to (really good by the way). And I have to wait until I get some more money before I can buy a CD. :p
I really hate how expensive all my favorite bands are here. I checked in at the music store today. One of the bands I was looking for $27 on sale!

Liane said:
:erk:
Yeah. As disappointed as I am about not being able to go because its on Thursday. I know that it wasn't the band plotting against me. :rolls her eyes:
Nor is it their fault.

I've had issues with playing at concerts before (although I play nothing like them. No, really I'm a classical violinist who would love to start a metal band :headbang: ) I know how hard it can be and how uncontrollable it is. Just wish it didn't have to happen today.

guess I didn't sacrifice enough chickens to the gods of metal :worship:

lol, anyway...
Opeth will still remain high on my music list along with Katatonia, Dark Tranquility, Lacuna Coil, Theatre of Tragedy, Epica, and other bands whose music is so expensive or non-existant in Edmontonian stores.
They'll definitely come back on the next tour, considering the amount of support they received on the Albertan dates. So, don't worry.

well I must hope anyway. But thanks for the encouraging thoughts of Opeth returning. ~dreams of Opeth concert~ :D

:worship: worships Opeth and their amazing music :worship:

Little bit of shameless fan worship doesn't harm anyone:
I love Opeth's music. Not only is it great in tone, style and lyrics. It's refressingly sound technically in a time when you turn on the radio and wince at the incompetence and carbon copy nature of some if not most of the popular music)

My hat goes off to you Opeth :wave:

And I really wish I could go to your concert

Aja said:
They said that if they couldn't show on Thursday, there'd be refunds.. but who the hell cares?? I'd pay double what I paid to see em... I don't want a refund, I want a SHOW!!

Heh, I had the same reaction when I saw the sign too. From where I live, it took me an hour to drive to the venue. Hopefully Martin will be fit to play on Thursday. Edmonton rarely gets decent metal bands to play, so I agree with the refund situation.

Reactions: Steve
MORE NEWS

I went to Reds tonight, caught the end of Moonspell (pretty good, btw), and waited around for Opeth to show up for autographing.

They finally did show up around midnight. I got a few autographs and talked to them a bit. I asked Mike how things were going, and he told me 'not good'. He said Lopez is seeing a psychologist and is in Sweden right now. Their gear apparently got shipped to Calgary, and is there right now. They also missed all of their connecting flights; that was why they were late. I asked him if the Thursday show would go on in Edmonton, and he said it was unlikely.

I then talked to Peter - asked him if the Thursday show would go on, he said he didn't know. He said they'd be holding a meeting tomorrow to decide what to do. He said that he hoped they could work something out be he was unsure right now.

They also said they were unsure if the Calgary show would go on. Either way, they had a guy with them, I think he was a stand-in drummer. So Lopez is apparently in bad shape, it didn't sound like he'd be returning any time soon. It was just a ton of bad shit all happening at once.. I feel sorry for the guys, and really hope they'll be able to reschedule. :erk:

Reactions: Squeak
Fuuuuuuck!

It's shitty that the first time we get Opeth out this way (I don't have too much to complain about personally as I did get to see them in Seattle) this is going on, but what can you do? Personal health obviously takes precidence.

I just hope they play Friday night here in Vancouver, not so much for myself but for the guys I'm taking who haven't seen Opeth. I just hope...

this sucks balls!

now i dont know whether to drive up to calgary or not for the ... maybe show..

hmm... i guess ill have to call the calgary venue tomorrow and find out whats going to happen!!

@ Aja - I really, really appreciate the trouble you are going through to keep us all updated. Really. Especially to me, who lives farther away. I am incredibly worried about Lopez and really hope he'll be okay. I also worry for the guys and hope there is a way for them to go on, but if there isn't, I'm okay with that too. If they are not meant to play, they are not meant to play. I know if they had to quit, they would "redeem" themselves on another tour... that's how the guys are. They would do SOMETHING to make it up to you guys, I am sure.