Opeth Song Survivor - Round 5 - My Arms Your Hearse (Vote for the WORST song)

Which song do you like the least?

• April Ethereal

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • When

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • The Amen Corner

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Demon of the Fall

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Credence

Votes: 36 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...And alas, we come to the most difficult poll so far. Anyone who can vote for any of these 5 songs easily, needs to listen to them again. Each song is a masterpiece, there's no doubting that. I think my vote is going to Credence, because although I had a huge obsession with that song at one time, and it is utterly beautiful, I believe that it is the most linear.

I voted for Credence, Amen is SLIGHTLY better, not by much.

The 3 people that voted for When, I will be at your house shortly. :heh:

I must admit, I only discovered April Ethereal FULLY recently, although I adored it before that, from 'I will endure...hide away' to the end is now one of my favourite sections of music ever.

When is fantastic. Just fantastic. Every riff, every beat, every lyric. It all fits so well.

The Amen Corner has an incredible intro, and incredible outro, and an incredible middle section. Therefore it's an incredible song. From about 4 mins to the end is one of my favourite passages of music.

Demon of the Fall is absolutely slayful. Such an atmospheric, brutal song, but with such beauty as well.

Credence is one of the greatest ballads ever written, IMO, but I had to vote for it, simply because there's not as much variation in the song.

Having to choose is like having to tear your own fingernails out with your teeth.

After a lot of listening back and forth I voted for The Amen Corner. :(

Guardian of Darkness said:
*sighs...*

Listen to it again and again and again and it will become VERY hard.

Well it's not a bad song, but the other 4 songs are just so much better, that it becomes so much easier...

A hard one though will be Still life and Damnation... :(

And by the by, who left in Orchid? I hope Forest did, i can't get into that song...