OPETH soundsoftheunderground tour

I actually liked the snare sound on St. Anger, though the songwriting and pretty much everything else sucked.

yeah man, i think you might be the only living thing on the planet to have that opinion.

terribly produced, the most shit sounding drums i've ever heard, and a few decent songs, the first album hetfield sings like a bitch on = no thanks.

bangadrian said:
i agree with you on all except the drum sound.

actually no i don't. the first album hetfield sings like a bitch on? he's been singing like a bitch since the black album

uhhh neg.

his vox on s/t are actually pretty good. load and reload he started to change them a bit, but he didn't use that gay shit he does live. just listen to any live performance after 98 or so, and you'll see what i mean...he may have done it before then live, but not on any record.
actually he sounds like a bitch on kill em all too :lol: but..

i saw them live last year, and yes hetfield can be a bit whiny and annoying. whatever though i could hardly hear him lol - i was in the VERY last row at nassau coliseum and everyone else singing was damn loud

great concert anyway

concerning the thread topic:

i was thinking about it tonight, and despite me saying several times on here in the past that i wouldn't attend the SOTU tour, i think i just might. i'd really like to see LoG again, have NO prob seeing SYL again, and obviously opeth (mmm they'll play a new track)
tix are only 30 bucks, so it's worth it. plus there are a few other bands i like on it too (unearth, red chord, alol, etid, tbdm - even though i've seen both unearth and tbdm twice each, and etid already)

so did opeth say they'd play 45 min? ..i forget. i don't see set lengths for the bands on the SOTU site.

Pseud0 said:
i saw them live last year, and yes hetfield can be a bit whiny and annoying. whatever though i could hardly hear him lol - i was in the VERY last row at nassau coliseum and everyone else singing was damn loud

great concert anyway

oh, no doubt..metallica is great live. i saw them for pretty far away too, in 2001, and they were awesome. but i still disagree with hetfield's new vocal approach haha.

if you think Oinkness and Profanity are bad, just wait till after theres this shitty ass tour. There will be more fuckin retards than ever on the forum. They will be like "DUDE GUYS OPETH ARE SO AWESOME> MAN DO THEY KNOE HOW TO HEADBANG".

Yea... I cant fucking wait for this tour..... Ha...

OpethGuitarist said:
if you think Oinkness and Profanity are bad, just wait till after theres this shitty ass tour. There will be more fuckin retards than ever on the forum. They will be like "DUDE GUYS OPETH ARE SO AWESOME> MAN DO THEY KNOE HOW TO HEADBANG".

Yea... I cant fucking wait for this tour..... Ha...

oh god, you're so right that it hurts dude. BE PREPARED for MORE retards, guys :erk:

Alcapoth said:
Yeah, I'm actually starting to dig Chimaira and Lamb of God after a buddy played some of it for me; I recently checked out Chimaira's dvd. Pretty talented and hard working guys.
Chimaira have some pretty damn good songs. Check out Implements of Destruction, an 11min instrumental of melodic metal. Its awesome. Their new song is pretty good also

Looking for a Job said:
wtf, sounds of the underground is playing at "tinker field" which is apparently a high school baseball stadium in orlando :erk: how the F is that going to work out

I saw the earth day birthday concert at tinker field not too long ago. It is surprisingly a good place to have a concert. The baseball field is literally behind the bleachers of the Orange Bowl. The outfield is where the main stage was and behind the baseball stadium is open land where the second stage and vendors are. The only thing that is kinda scary is the parking. Don't pull into those lots not operated by the stadium. I wouldn't trust those hoodlums watching my car. If you circle around the stadium you will find stadium parking right on the property. I went to that concert late (4-5 hours after it started) and found parking and I assume there was more people at earthday than SOTU.

Anyway, I can't wait for Opeth again. It will be my third time seeing them. I just hope I can get the set times for the festival so I don't miss the good stuff like Opeth, SYL, and All That Remains.

<crimson> said:
uhhh neg.

his vox on s/t are actually pretty good. load and reload he started to change them a bit, but he didn't use that gay shit he does live. just listen to any live performance after 98 or so, and you'll see what i mean...he may have done it before then live, but not on any record.
actually he sounds like a bitch on kill em all too :lol: but..

yes, but does he LOOK like a bitch?

If he doesn't look like a bitch then why do you keep fuckin' him like a bitch!??

p.s. St. Anger sucks knob in every way.

Looking for a Job said:
the orange bowl is in miami. i think it's the citrus bowl, and i saw metallica there, and i remember the field actually behind the stadium, i'm sure it'll be okay

See how much I know about college football :lol: Yes the citrus bowl. Both are oranges right! Forgive me I'm not a native of florida.