sounds of the underground

Bored

Jul 21, 2004
hey

was just wondering .. you think opeth will be playing some new material during the sounds of the underground tour?

Yes, I heard from a friend they will be playing hits such as "Demon fo the shizzle" and "Da Drapery Falls 2 U" from their 2005 release, "Vol 8: The Subliminal Verses"

No. They will play "Black Rose Immortal", follow it by "Night and the Silent Water" and finish off with Demon of the Fall. In between the songs Mike will practice his standup comedy while Martin M. Looks more lost than usually.

no. They didn't the last tour thing they had right before they released Deliverance.

Speaking of SOTFU, who's going to the one in Los Angelos? I'm the guy that's in my avatar. If you see me, give me a heads up.

god the wait for the new album is just tormenting...but I'm sure they went through more torment trying to make this record possible. My glass of water cheers to Opeth. It's sleep time now.

Actually this album was probably the easiest for them to record. I think they might even be done now. They wrote the musics and rehearsed before they even entered the studio, so it was probably a lot less stressful than albums past. And also it might have given them a chance to really sex up some riffs instead of writing them at the time and not being able to change them before they enter the studio!

Botfly said:
no. They didn't the last tour thing they had right before they released Deliverance.

Speaking of SOTFU, who's going to the one in Los Angelos? I'm the guy that's in my avatar. If you see me, give me a heads up.

I'll be there. I'll keep my eye out for you.. :Smug:

Out.:devil:

Oinkness said:
They wrote the musics and rehearsed before they even entered the studio, so it was probably a lot less stressful than albums past.
Rehearsing doesn't take away technical problems. And technical problems were the thing that made D&D recording so stressful.

I didnt like the last two albums too much, theres a very digital sound to them, not the same warmth you would get from say 'still life' also the tempo on the last album seemed quite slow which made alot of it boring to listen to. i hope these problems are taken care of .

Rofl, Opeth should have recorded the new album in an haunted studio.. that would add to the atmosphere...

Oh snap! Snotlip already did that...