OPETH soundsoftheunderground tour

I'm extremely psyched to be lucky enough to see Opeth on their 3rd warm-up gig in the States!

I'll be at the Penny Arcade in Rochester,NY with some friends on June 27th to see the boys work the kinks out before joining the SOTU tour.

Opeth should LOVE this gig. Especially if it's a warm summer night. The Penny Arcade is where Metallica played a lot while they were recording their first album in Rochester back in '83. It's right on the beach and it's probably the greatest spot for metalheads and bikers to hang out in the summer.

If any of the mods who know the band read this......... let the guys know that this place is 1,000,000X times better a place to play in Rochester than the "closet" they played in last time (Steel Music Hall).

The Arcade is legendary!

This is gonna be a day to hang out at the beach ALL DAY LONG and party up until showtime!!!! Hope the boys get there early enough to hang out at the pier and party with the rest of us!

Looking for a Job said:
i actually may not go. it depends on the songs played. if it's like deliverance, drapery falls, and demon of the fall, whatever, i'll stay home. i'd like to see a new song though. i'll just have to check setlist reviews in the mean time ;x

i don't remember if Mikael himself said it, but i think it was said a new song will be played.

^He did in an interview. He also said they'd play "a few" meaning more than one. I'm sure they'll play Drapery for the new fans, because it tends to get alot of people into them, and ya, but besides that, maybe something great like Leper Affinity or something off their older albums before BWP too.

No matter, I'm going for sure to the L.A. show, because I've always wanted to see them live, and not only that, You got SYL and LoG, and Gwar who put on a good show. But I'd go anyways just to see Opeth live.

I'm going as Opeth is one of the few bands I have ever seen where by the end of the set I didn't want them to get of the stage. Opeth, SYL, Meshuggah, and one or two others are bands I just enjoy so much I'll see them wherever they are