Opeth - "Still Life" re-mastered and re-mixed (reissue)

Jens Bogren remixed it in 5.1. Apparently it sounds different to the original, and Mike reckons he can hear tracks/dubs in there which weren't audible on the original. Should be interesting!

I have nothing but high hopes for Jens Bogren's Midas touch, so I'm looking forward to it (and I'll be getting a 5.1 home theater setup this summer!)

Jens Bogren remixed it in 5.1. Apparently it sounds different to the original, and Mike reckons he can hear tracks/dubs in there which weren't audible on the original. Should be interesting!
I'm a little unclear...did Jens remix the stereo version too or did they just remaster the stereo and Jens mixed 5.1?

Of all the Opeth records that could stand to be remixed, Still Life isn't really the top contendor. I'd like to hear a Morningrise remix.

Sounds good to me, even with the shit compression. Sounds like theres more 'air' to the mix, more room to breathe, I suppose.

Buy my record!
Sorry....shameless, I know. We started mixing a record w/ him today.

Haha, you better believe I'll buy your third album (Kazrog :D); I still have my email receipt from Jesse when I got the Dismantling Devotion combo back in June '07 :headbang:, so I'm good for another!

Mother... They still haven't fixed the channel dropouts in that new reissue!! There's no point to get the reissue.

Seperate tracks or whole channels? At the end of 'the moor' sample, sound only went through my left speaker :cry:

Seperate tracks or whole channels? At the end of 'the moor' sample, sound only went through my left speaker :cry:

That's the error. The sound disappears completely from one channel starting from 5:08 in the song and doesn't stop until the end of the track. The segment between 5:29 - 6:29 suffers the most, it drops out constantly during that minute.