Opeth - Summer festivals

leprecon

Jun 10, 2006
They start the "tour" today. Lets post the setlists etc. here.

This night they are at Donington. And tomorrow in Finland, Seinäjoki.

They're only streaming the main stage at Donington.
Opeth is deserving of the main stage.
Anyways, can't wait to see Faith No More tonight !!!

P&L at the end of this month, Borlänge, Sweden. I'll be there, I'll be drunk.

An hour and minutes 'til they start at Provinssirock! And no news from Donington! :heh:

Just saw an interview from MANOWAR before the gig. They'll start after Opeth local time 23.30 (opeth 20.45) It was Joey speaking typical Manowar stuff 'bout True Metal Friends :headbang:

They're going to tour with Dream Theater. Just interviewed in YleX, but transfer got cancelled because of lightning or something. Shit. Mikael talked about touring... and they are glad that when touring with DT.... there's always toilet paper and shit available... But damn that live-stream fuck'd up.

Just seeing the interview for Opeth in Donington
And well :
opethdonington.jpg

I don't know why (maybe because Fredrik speaks first and cut Mike) I was thinking Fredrik is the father and Mike the son

Same look, same glasses, same beard :)

Here's the songs played in Seinäjoki:

Heir apparent
Ghost of perdition
The leper affinity
The lotus eater
Deliverance
Demon of the fall

:erk: Jesus Christ what a moronic interview. Good thing the boys have the patience of Saints....

It was more entertaining than the boring ass interviews they usually get with the same old lame questions.

"How's the tour going?"

"Shitty. People keep asking me stupid shit."

Granted, those were stupid questions, but Mikael started it.

I want to ask you guys, those who go to Opeth gigs usually, do you enjoy the show even if you already know the set list???
I think the surprise when he says the title ov the song is a great feeling isn't it??? !! :headbang: :kickass:

I want to ask you guys, those who go to Opeth gigs usually, do you enjoy the show even if you already know the set list???
I think the surprise when he says the title ov the song is a great feeling isn't it??? !! :headbang: :kickass:

Yeah, I check the setlist every time I go to a show. This tour my shows were the first and the second to last on the tour, so I couldn't have known the setlist for the first show, but I knew the revised setlist for the second show. I enjoyed each of them equally (in terms of knowing/not knowing the setlist), and it didn't really make a difference to me.

I think, for me at least, I don't really care what they are playing, as long as they are playing. The excitement to see one of my favorite bands is enough for me. So knowing the setlist beforehand is just an added bonus.

It was more entertaining than the boring ass interviews they usually get with the same old lame questions.

"How's the tour going?"

"Shitty. People keep asking me stupid shit."

Granted, those were stupid questions, but Mikael started it.

Or sometimes, "Yo, I hear you use clean vocals and growls, wtf that's so revolutionary" (paraphrased)

I just watched this interview with Mendez from Donnington. Terrorizer is ridiculing his English. It is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I have a lot of respect for Mendez and I have a lot of respect for anyone that speaks more than one language.

Last edited by a moderator: