Opeth unplugged ever?

I would really love to hear some growl parts sung with clean vocals... I mean, just imagine Mike singing a song like Ghost of perdition clean all the way through. I can almost hear it now:

Ghost of Mother
Lingering death
Ghost on Mother's bed
Black strands on the pillow
Contour of her health
Twisted face upon the head...

:) :)

This is actually what I do a lot when I'm playing Opeth songs on guitar, since I'm not much of a growler. Its also what I'll do when my band plays some Opeth covers.

Cool! Is it hard coming up with melodies? Cause the growls don't really have any melodies, they're just screamed words...

He can sort of whisper vocals (think Agalloch) where he would normally growl. I think it would sound eerie and cool.

Umm you're all like 3 years behind...

unpllis0.jpg

This is actually what I do a lot when I'm playing Opeth songs on guitar, since I'm not much of a growler. Its also what I'll do when my band plays some Opeth covers.

nice! it would be fun to hear! It would be fun to hear peoples ideas of what the singing vocals should be like, someone should do this and record it, i would if i would have enough time on my hands. Half the job is done, vocal rythms and dynamics, so it's only the melodies one needs to figure out.

I bet the moor would be awesome with singing vox only.

Cool! Is it hard coming up with melodies? Cause the growls don't really have any melodies, they're just screamed words...

Lots of the melodies are kinda already there in the music so its not too hard. For instance the growly bit towards the end of Deliverance (around 8 mins or so) actually has some great melodies hidden there since its over the top of a good chord progression.

I've got an alright ear for harmonies etc. (if I say so myself :erk:) and I reckon theres plenty of room for interpretation in Opeth's music.

nice! it would be fun to hear! It would be fun to hear peoples ideas of what the singing vocals should be like, someone should do this and record it, i would if i would have enough time on my hands. Half the job is done, vocal rythms and dynamics, so it's only the melodies one needs to figure out.

If I find time and place I'll try to sing GoP intro and something else, I've got a picture of how it would go. :)

Edit: If they did acoustic gig, I'd suggest a setlist something like this;

Bleak
Moonlapse vertigo
By the pain I see in others
Windowpane
Ghost of perdition
The drapery falls
Credence
To bid you farevel