Opeth Vinyls

BurningSky

rxbandits.com
Jan 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
I've never heard any Opeth songs on vinyl, so I'm wondering... People that own their vinyls/have heard them, are they as good as I would imagine them to be? I just envision hearing the moor, harvest, patterns in the ivy I & II, still day beneath the sun, and other songs on vinyl and figure that they have to sound amazing. Any testimonies?

DegradationTrip said:
I own Morningrise, Still Life and Damnation. I bought the Damnation vinyl version before i got my disc, so that one would rank #1 on my most played lp's.

Yes but how do they compare ?

I am beginning to sense that ppl here just listen through headphone's ? well, sorry that ain't stereo, just left and right, no soundstage...

Oh well horses for courses, If you really want to appreciate and really enjoy Opeth, get a stereo, a good one.

But Opeth Live = sublime :)

Vinyl is pure sound (perfect sin waves), where as on a CD the sound has been digitised (1010101) which causes a reduction in sound quality.
I have Ghost Reveries on both CD and Vinyl and the Vinyl is alot better in sound quality and thus pleasure is increased when entertaining the neighbours \m/.

Powers said:
Vinyl = Low quality, highly collectable

CD = High quailty, Not very collectable.

Live = PWNS.

BOLLOCKS !

Sorry Guy your wrong Vinyl thrashes CD, unless poorly mastered, check out the name "Bob Ludwig" on google.

He is a Vinyl Mastering Genius.

It is so sad that ppl buy records and never play them in the fear they will wear out...

This is nonsense if you play them on a well sorted Turntable, it take time money and tinkering but well worth the trouble and very rewarding.

I only buy Ceedee's for convenience, Vinyl rule's !!

And as for downloads... well, Don't get me started, FFS.

The Opeth vinyls are occasionally available on ebay, some more often than others... I've got 7 of the 8 Opeth vinyls available, with exception to MAYH and I purchased the majority on ebay... some cheap, some expensive.