Opeth's Gigantour DVD performance

I was actually surprised to see Peter in there, I don't know why though. I also miss Mendez's hair...but it will be back. Great video.

Finally the guy re-uploaded it...there was another rip on there, I believe by the same guy, that skipped around horribly.

holy fuck
never saw that before!
really great video and audio, altough there is something in the tone of the guitars or something that doesn't convince me.
Great performance, great song, really cool.
I want to see them live, and I want them to play this song.

Shit man, Axe's fills were tighter than a witch's cleft.

But I agree that something doesn't sound "convincing" with the mix. It's hardly the fat, solid sound we've been spoiled with for so long.

was kinda hoping that theyd have put a song we havent got them playing live yet on there, but cant have everything i spose. Is a great performance, but clearly not as much effort put into the mix thn with megadeths but thats to be expected i spose

Great stuff, the Axe haters should open their ears and listen to this, his playing is superb. The lead guitar sounds are pretty fizzy though, not as warm as usual..

Great stuff, the Axe haters should open their ears and listen to this, his playing is superb. The lead guitar sounds are pretty fizzy though, not as warm as usual..
Why do people keep saying this? If someone doesn't like Axe's drumming, hearing more of the exact same isn't going to change anything. Just an observational comment, as comments for or against are rather pointless.

As for the mix, I believe its the lack of room mic's that are contributing to the odd tone, its extremly dry for a live performance.

Anyway, cool video, thanks for posting.

Mike's growls sound so brutal here...
Too bad they appear too static, the performance was pretty boring visually.
Lamentations still seems to have the best visuals of an Opeth show, the two videos I've seen of the new DVD seem the same as this clip, lots of Mike, and no drum shots. :erk:

I don't think it's because of that. I think it's because the sound is way too thin here. Listen to how sometimes Peter's guitar isn't audible and the instruments seem generally weak. I think it's just bad mixing.

yeaaa, i actually went out and bought the DVD.

the only band to actually achieve a good mix on the DVD was the headliner, Megadeth. :yuk:

i'm not sure if it was the veune where it was filmed or the production.

i went to one of the Gigantour '06 shows in Holmdel, NJ (PNC) and the sound was immaculate.