Opeth's stance on downloading their music...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_epiphany

New Metal Member
Mar 7, 2005
I don't download music because I consider it stealing, and don't believe I want to be stealing. Nonetheless, many people do, and I'm fine with that, we all make our own choices. A friend recently told me however, that Opeth don't mind if you download their music and are laid back about this sort of thing. I want to know if there is any truth in this as if there is i see no reason not to download their stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not judging you if you do yourself download music, that's fine, I just want to know if there's any truth behind what my friend told me... and if there is if anyone has any articles or links to where i can view the comments...
thanks in advance

No, there's no truth to it. Opeth were very pissed off when Deliverance was leaked and alot of their hatred was geared towards this forum. A number of threads were deleted at the time and Opeth expressed their disdain for their own fans propagating pirated Opeth material on their own forum.

By the way, there's a thread called 'Do you all buy Opeth CDs?'. This should've been posted in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.