opinion required on band name please

divineslayer666

Arctic Night
Dec 1, 2003
newcastle england
www.faceparty.co.uk
Ok so this isn't to do with Bloodstock but.....

I want your opinions on the band name it has took us 6months to agree on :p We could never find one we all liked!
I wondered what you true metalers thought of it.

Name is ARCTIC NIGHT

I thought of it so naturally I have doubts to whether it's good enough. But be honast and tell me what you think! The name is important to me :p
Don't need to make a massive comment...simply good or shit or great or ok etc

Cheers!!

Why not Arctic Knight? i prefer that myself, mind you, tis still a good name... keep us up to date with your progress... And grow that hair of yours... you cant be in a metal band without hair... or at least you shouldnt be...

Cheers guys. You could have had a small sample but my pc bust last night and i've had to wipe it clean...lost 20 full lyrics and loads of bass riffs i'd recorded to be used in songs.....damn!
But i'll keep ya's updated on anything that comes up.

Had bit singer trouble but i'm taking lessons now so we don't have to worry about it anymore! :p

Check out a band called Fallen Skies....if you like Rhapsody,Lost Horizon etc then you will like these! There my m8s band from newcastle!

ARCTIC KNIGHT IS THE BEST MATE, IT IS REALLY COOL... I DONT AGREE WITH THE SONATA ARCTICA THING AS ALL THEY HAVE IN COMMON IS THE ARCTIC PART, THEY ARE ORDERED DIFFERENT AND SPELT DIFFERENT AND SUCH... VERY SMALL CHANCE OF CONFUSION BUT NOT MUCH sorry bout the caps just realised

Yeah my mates won't have knight...I suggested that originally but they said no so I changed it slightly and they said ok! Grrr

Well I don't really agree with Sonata Arctica being confusing. I didn't have them in mind what so ever when I thought of it...There is so many bands now it's hard to think of something that is absolutely nothing like anything else! hehehe I mean it took us 6 months to agree on a name...we thought of loads only to find out they are used!
:headbang:

Whilst were on the subject....my bands called 'Darken the Skies' , maybe not the most original of names but still, what do people think, the style of music seems to be a mix of swedish death metal and iron maiden with guitar harmonies and many a solo.

DaN

In the end no-one cares about the band's name. People soon forget what it means / might mean and just associate it with the band/music anyway when they hear the words...

OK it should maybe indicate your genre if you're just starting out, but concentrate on the music !

Another UK Power Metal band - this looks really cool. Best of luck to you !