opinions on Darkest Hour?

IntoPhagist

FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!
Sep 26, 2005
New York City and Around
I love the last 2 albums Undoing Ruin and Deliver Us...It has a very Dark Tranquillity/In Flames worship sound to it. Do you guys like them? or just think there another Metalcore band.

I think they just sound like any other melodeath/core clone. And the singer is just horrible.

Objectively, this band could get about 6/10

Subjectively, 0/10. I find them boring. Choruses à la Linkin Park and songs filled with riffs from Trivium and Sonic Syndicate (which are copycats and clones themselves...)

I see why you would say the last two albums are DT worship but I don't find this great, it just shows how little personality they put in their music.

They would be great on tour with The Agonist.

Linkin PArk Choruses?

Oh yeah big time. Maybe it wasn't a good reference. I meant that several choruses (especially on the last 2 albums) are 100% predictable and the minute they begin, everything around me suddenly smells like cheese.

they been around a long time
Just because a band's been around for a long time doesn't mean they're necessarily pioneers or good.

I never heard their first full-length though, only So Sedated, So Secure and up. Maybe in their early days they made more sense.

fucking atrocious tbh. sorry but i just listened to a song called demon(s) and fuck me that sucked 90 yr old horse cock. his vocals were appauling, nasty screams and those clean vocals (if you can call them that) were beyond gay and emo-core. the leads were wanabee melo-deth inflaymz and DT.

IMHO i will never listen to them again. sorry if i have offended some people, but this has been my 3 cents (i think thats what you say)

EDIT: listened to some more songs and my opinion is the same

Oh Imo..I read your posts and actually laughed...cuz You have your opinion But I pretty much think Darkest Hour is doing what In Flames should be doing...The last 2 DH albums are better then the last 3 IFs albums.

I met their vocalist at Sounds of the Underground once.
I had no idea who he was. My friend was talking to him and I joined in on the conversation. Lol.

I can't say I'm a big fan of their music. To each his own, though.

I love the last 2 albums Undoing Ruin and Deliver Us...It has a very Dark Tranquillity/In Flames worship sound to it. Do you guys like them? or just think there another Metalcore band.

I often find them next dark tranquillity at local music outlets :D

Because nobody made this obvious snarky comment yet, I'll draw the wrath of the few remaining IF-fans and do it.

The last 2 DH albums are better then the last 3 IFs albums.

Could be, but then again, the last 2 albums from Butthole Surfers(*) are probably better than the last 3 IF albums. :Smug:

*No, I don't know anything about them, I just did a google search on "gayest band names".

-Villain

curseyouvillainsu5.jpg

I wanted to use this one for a while :D

IntoPhagist Ill back you up. im in to all kinds of music so i like metalcore as well (though not nearly as much as melodeath) and darkest hour is decent. i feel like a lot of their stuff is too generic but they do have quite a few catchy songs (doomsayer, sadist nation, accessible losses, demon(s), and no god). i know for a fact they are into gothenburg metal. i had a soilwork shirt on at one of their shows and the singer called me out saying to start a pit for them haha. metalcore unfortunately spawned from at the gates and the gothenburg sound and commercialized it and made it generic. id say darkest hour does a good job of sounding less 'core' and more melodeath/gothernburg than most metalcore bands though. i dont know if youve heard the human romance yet. overall it is still suffering from lack of real standout songs, but i think in this album they sound super melodeath/gothernburg and a lot less core, which is pretty cool. and to RampageSword, i def dont think their singer is horrible. he doesnt have amazing vocals, but i think they are quite good, and def unique, especially compared to most metalcore bands that usually suffer from generic sounding vocalists

I was never really a fan of theirs, but I saw them at the At The Gates reunion tour and I was pretty impressed. They do/did sound really good live.