Orange 4x12 impulses

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I made these impulses for getting a good sound on di guide tracks.
6505 effects return to orange 4x12 miced with 57 through API and Phoenix audio DRS1 pres as separate wavs.
I have been meaning to do this for ages but never got around to it.
They sound great with pod farm's 5150 with cab off.
The idea is to use the API and DRS as opposite pan to give a wider image.
They were recorded with the amp loud to get the speaker moving.

I have never seen orange 4x12 impulses before so have a go of these and let me know what you all think.

These are obviously flat with no eq etc so they may need post eq.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/7/1328148/orange IRs.zip

Michael

You're welcome.
BTW I have been browsing the forum and saw some Orange 4x12 impulses were posted by "let it burn.." 3 days ago in the equipment forum.
What a coincidence!

I also have ENGL and Marshall 4x12 cabs both with v30s, Marshall DSL, Boogie TR, HK Triamp2 so if these are popular I could do a zip of all the combinations with 57, i5 and e906. I am going to do them for my own use anyway when I get a chance.

Sure, we all love impulses, BUT, if you want to capture the speaker correctly with a sweep (if you're using a sweep that is), you shouldn't crank the volume to get the speakers moving. Here's why: Since a sweep file goes through the frequencies one by one, the compression fucks with the frequencies captured in the IR = doesn't correspond to the actual sound. 4W of power is plenty to get a good IR. Just FYI.

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing the result.

I used a 10 second 20-20k sweep.
The result sounded good to me with the amp loud.
I wanted to capture the power amp, speakers, cab response and mic pre colouration.
The api and drs are character pres that respond differently when pushed.

I will have a go with the amp lower to see what it sounds like.
Have you tried the IRs yet?

Thanks for the comments so far.
Any clips yet?
I would love to hear something using these impulses.
Also any more feedback before I do the rest using the other heads, cabs, mics.
Michael

If I get a chance, I'll extract a recording I've done already but change the impulses I regularly use to your orange ones so you can hear them in a death metal context.

I really look forward to your new ones too. :)

i'd just like to say i Love your impulses! they sound awesome. i'm using em in a tune im workin on. i'll post a clip in the mix forum soon. the only ones i've like REALLY liked that sound good with a Pod for a middy snarly growly sound, rofl. it changes some of that digital mushiness. thanks!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=817513&songID=7455685

The tone isn't as good as it could be because I basically just went into Voxengo Boogex and changed the impulses I had from the Recabinet demo to your orange ones, so they've been EQ'd etc, for the other impulses, but I think it captures the very direct sound of your orange impulses.

I like the song a lot dude ! Nice riffing and drums fit well !

By the way is that the Pantera kick ? Sounds like it...