My Orange 4x12 v30 impulses

Let it burn...

Orgasm Donor
Oct 22, 2007
Belgium
I got bored today so I decided to make some impulses of my Orange 4x12 with v30's. The amp was my laney VH100R, mic was a shure SM57 placed on-, between- and off-axis. I used Voxengo Deconvolver to make these files

link:
http://users.telenet.be/accesshome/drumsamples/Orange4x12v30-LetItBurn.zip

You'll find the dry impulses inside and some of them also have en fx suffix, which means that I've EQ-ed them a bit.

This is the first time i tried to make impulses of anything so comment what's wrong :).

Nice. I'll have to check these out. Was the resonance switch engaged, and what were your presence settings at? My old VH100R sounded really great with resonance switch engaged and the presence around 8 or so.

Nice. I'll have to check these out. Was the resonance switch engaged, and what were your presence settings at? My old VH100R sounded really great with resonance switch engaged and the presence around 8 or so.
Yes resonance is on, Presence was at 7, very little bass and treble

Oog, on Saturday? My sympathies man!

Shit I didn't even realize it's Saturday, I guess I'm the only one at work then haha...

I work on an oil extraction project in northern Alberta in Canada, it's a camp job so I'm up here for 2 weeks then they fly me home for a week off, but while I'm here I work 10 hours a day for 14 days straight... All my food, flights, transportation and lodging are paid for by the company and I make a fortune up here though so it's alright :lol:

Shit I didn't even realize it's Saturday, I guess I'm the only one at work then haha...

I work on an oil extraction project in northern Alberta in Canada, it's a camp job so I'm up here for 2 weeks then they fly me home for a week off, but while I'm here I work 10 hours a day for 14 days straight... All my food, flights, transportation and lodging are paid for by the company and I make a fortune up here though so it's alright :lol:

Ahh, your working on the oil fields were they extract oil from sand or something like that,right? I hear that pays really well.

Crazy. Last winter I was doing pine beetle surveys as well as fall and burn a few hours north of Grand Prairie, AB.

Ahh, your working on the oil fields were they extract oil from sand or something like that,right? I hear that pays really well.

Yup you got it! It's good work, I work in the office so I've got it easy vs. the guys in the field doing the real labour... Only gonna be up here until the end of summer 09 though then I'm going to head back to school, but I'm going to have a lot of nice gear by then and enough money to go to school and live away from home for 3 years without working! :headbang:

I hope you made them with volume at least at 3 that´s when the VH starts to rip heads off!

haven't tried them yet that many thanks in advance!

These are nice. Thanks man!

Late-night, I've been using the line out on my RM20b (built-in dummy load) into PT w/ TL space running these for clean stuff and GuitarHack's Mesa impulses for distorted stuff and I have been no less inspired than when using a cab.

Let it burn... I tried the impulses a couple weeks ago but I lost track of things. I like them. I would like them more with more mic/position options but I found that using 2 different impulses of your and 2 different impulses of some other cab made a nice big sound. Yours alone are not bad at all though. When I get around to it I'll post a clip.