Ordered 300 cd:s and the manufacturer fucked up the track order

Ronixis

Rocket surgeon
Dec 1, 2006
Finland
Goddamn I'm pissed. We (a Finnish band) manufactured 300 cd:s in Italy because they gave me the best price offer. I sent him the .wav-files named "Track 1", "Track 2" etc. and triple-checked everything was in order.

Now when I got the CD:s, the order is 4, 1, 2, 3. So he messed up and put the last song first on all the 300 cd:s. It's the only song starting with a fade-in, so maybe he though it has to be the first.

We can't distribute these CD:s because the song names are in the correct order in the back of the cd:s, and everyone would get really confused with the track names. This sucks so much balls.

Has these kind of things happened to anyone before?

I just hope we will get the CD:s with the right track order in time. Our release date is set to 27th of March and we have arranged all kind of stuff for the date.

EDIT:

We got the reprinted CDs today (25th of March). They were allright. Problem solved :)

When we got ours done we sent two master cds to be copied instead of the actual wav files so that avoided any confusion there. But I know how you feel, we had problems before with artwork etc. If worst came to worst you could just change the name of the songs to match ;) though that would confuse the fuck out of ye for a bit

In your case I'd tell them about your problem and you need 300 new ones right away. Also tell them you like what they did so far but the song order just has to be right. You could also ask how fast they could produce a 2000 cd's for future releases. They'll think you come back and the chance they'll reproduce the 300 cd's will be bigger, that's how I always do it.

I now also checked the Master tracks. THEY ARE REALLY FUCKED UP. I mastered the cd:s @ average of -8db loudness tracks peaking at -0.1 db. The tracks on the CD are peaking at -12.1. So he just mindlessly thought that it would bee cool tho chop off 12 db out of my music.

Thanks Calippo. I've sent them e-mail and discussed this thing with professional manner. I just hope they will compensate their error without making a big deal out of it.

Yup. I'm a bit afraid that he won't be professional enough to even duplicate the cd:s how I want, even when I tell him what's wrong.

12 db?? could be a dithering thing. or a conversion thing.
possibly.
either way, id ask for my money back.

Just checked the waveforms thoroughly. The first is the one on the cd and the second is the wave file I sent to him.

master.png

I'm a bit afraid, that is this company even capable of doing the product I want. It amazes me that there are people in the industry that are this incompetent and still making a living out of it.

Probably it's a company from Naples or South Italy......always check in which zone of Italy a company is in. I say this because we always avoid like the plague vendors or company from southern Italy

In fact, southern Italy.
Did you try to contact them, asking for some explanation?
Anyway it's not always like this, there is lot of good and honest people also in the southern Italy....

That is one of the nastiest looking waveforms I've ever seen, fuck what the cd manufacturers were doing, what were YOU doing?!

I contacted him and he said he will check the files I sent him. I'm waiting for the response. I've been pleased with everything in the service other than the end product. Thanks for the help and I'll let you know where this goes.