Ordered 300 cd:s and the manufacturer fucked up the track order

That is one of the nastiest looking waveforms I've ever seen, fuck what the cd manufacturers were doing, what were YOU doing?!

It's peaking at average of -8 RMS. It's loud, but not louder than any other commercial cd. Every recent mp3 looks as brickwalled as that in my DAW.

That is one of the nastiest looking waveforms I've ever seen, fuck what the cd manufacturers were doing, what were YOU doing?!

+1

-8dbrms is a little too squashed for my tastes! I dont think I would master anything louder than -9, and I usually dont push it any further than -10

getting rms doesnt always mean brickwalling the shit out of your mix either.

Thats bang out of order :( Also

brick_wall_orange_222239_l.jpg

I don't quite get this waveform bashing. I personally judge audio by hearing it, rather than looking a screenshot of it.

This is what the waveform looks like when compared to a song from Children Of Bodom record Are You Dead Yet
COB-AYDY.jpg

It's the same brickwalled stuff you hear everywhere.

...and I agree it's loud. It's too loud for my personal taste too, but this is a freely distributed promo release to get some attention online. 90% of people will listen to the music through a flash player with shitty computer speakers. It's not meant to be the most dynamic hifi-release of the year.

yeah same here, i wasnt being all that serious. i know the way the waveform looks doesnt matter for shit and the way it sounds is more important

Probably it's a company from Naples or South Italy......always check in which zone of Italy a company is in. I say this because we always avoid like the plague vendors or company from southern Italy

Luckly enough I had positive experiences with ebay shops from Naples lol
Once I bought a power supply for one of my guitar pedals and they even gave me one for free, they wrote "with pleasure we will include another power supply at no extra cost"
I guess it was because those power supply were too cheap and broke easily lol

I'm working on a "visual audio" project, where all the song's waveforms produce cool images when viewed. Unfortunately all I've been able to produce so far are Zeppelins and Penises.

I don't quite get this waveform bashing. I personally judge audio by hearing it, rather than looking a screenshot of it.

This is what the waveform looks like when compared to a song from Children Of Bodom record Are You Dead Yet
COB-AYDY.jpg

It's the same brickwalled stuff you hear everywhere.

...and I agree it's loud. It's too loud for my personal taste too, but this is a freely distributed promo release to get some attention online. 90% of people will listen to the music through a flash player with shitty computer speakers. It's not meant to be the most dynamic hifi-release of the year.

Its not your fault all the tight pants wearing scene kids want it loud lol I wish there was a single individual I could balme for that

Dude, I don't think the scene kids are listening to AYDY :lol: (and I happen to fucking love that album, despite all the hate it gets from Bodom fans :headbang: )

Just checked the waveforms thoroughly. The first is the one on the cd and the second is the wave file I sent to him.

master.png

I'm a bit afraid, that is this company even capable of doing the product I want. It amazes me that there are people in the industry that are this incompetent and still making a living out of it.

same thing happened to me with our first DIY release.
So fucked up. Now you have super compressed songs (-8RMS) on your CD but just turned down (-12RMS) so the sound is the same, but without the volume power:(

In my situation I didnt have any proof. I only sended them the CD, and kept the .wav files.

They told me that the glass master was identical to the CD I send them.
I CALL BULLSHIT
But I didnt had any proof so we sold the CD´s.

Just checked the waveforms thoroughly. The first is the one on the cd and the second is the wave file I sent to him.

master.png

I'm a bit afraid, that is this company even capable of doing the product I want. It amazes me that there are people in the industry that are this incompetent and still making a living out of it.

oh my god, looks like he jsut mormalized the
tracks before burning...it was cheap for a reason.:cry:

I see failures on both ends here.
The master you sent him was inadequate. Sending .wav files with file names is something I have never done, and would never do.

You need a "Master CD" to send. Not just "mastered" songs. I prefer DDP2.0 or if they cannot support DDP2.0 just an audio CDR with all fades, track pauses, indexes, ISRC codes, dithering, etc exactly how you want the master to be. DDP2.0 has less possibility of data corruption as compared to audio CD master. Audio CD has no sort of error correction, so make sure to use a good quality CD and burner. Also a detailed PQ sheet with all the previously mentioned info as well as contact info so the manufacturer can contact you should any problems arise.
Also mention on the PQ sheet for them to not to apply dither, or any sort of normalization, or in any way tamper with the data. If they find your master unsuitable for any reason (and they should not), they will need to explain the issue and have you correct it, not them. They replicate, not master.

Oh and don't worry about the RMS or Peak levels of what you send for replication. That should not matter to them one bit. Although it sounds like maybe they just sent you duplicates maybe, that is usually the cheapest.

I see failures on both ends here.
The master you sent him was inadequate. Sending .wav files with file names is something I have never done, and would never do.

You need a "Master CD" to send. Not just "mastered" songs. I prefer DDP2.0 or if they cannot support DDP2.0 just an audio CDR with all fades, track pauses, indexes, ISRC codes, dithering, etc exactly how you want the master to be. DDP2.0 has less possibility of data corruption as compared to audio CD master. Audio CD has no sort of error correction, so make sure to use a good quality CD and burner. Also a detailed PQ sheet with all the previously mentioned info as well as contact info so the manufacturer can contact you should any problems arise.
Also mention on the PQ sheet for them to not to apply dither, or any sort of normalization, or in any way tamper with the data. If they find your master unsuitable for any reason (and they should not), they will need to explain the issue and have you correct it, not them. They replicate, not master.

Oh and don't worry about the RMS or Peak levels of what you send for replication. That should not matter to them one bit. Although it sounds like maybe they just sent you duplicates maybe, that is usually the cheapest.

Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but what software is everyone using for doing thier master cd's with pauses, IRSC codes etc? Is there something free out there that can do this?