Ornamental Insanity, how is the mix and tone

Oct 8, 2008
So yeah Ken contacted about making something to showcase his free amp sim DIG ( my new fav amp sim btw ), and I made this. I know there is another thread but it's pretty much finished now, and I didn't want a thread full of dead links and whatnot. We are maybe putting some oriental sounding female vocals over it though.

So yeah, how is the mix and tone?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=928360&songID=7564795

Also the title kind of sucks and I want to change it, any suggestions?

I like the intro leads a lot. They provided a cool vibe that I dug.

The tones are really good, but maybe a little fizzy/digital sounding for my taste, but they still fit in the mix quite well. The guitars could even be a little louder if you want them to be. :)

Haha I love the guitar wanking in the end :D

The mix is quite "messy", I think it's a problem with the highs in the mix. It's quite trebly and "smeared out"... bah, don't know how to describe it. Anyway, it makes it a little hard to judge the guitar tone, since you were going to use this to showcase DIG 2.0. Maybe adjust the highs on the cymbals to leave a little more room for the guitars, even if an actual mix of this genre would not be that way, you'd wanna bring the guitars a bit more in focus than they are now. Also, maybe a tad more mids on the guitars since there are no vocals present, you have the room to spare.

Other than that, quite a meshuggah thing going on there with that guitar "siren" type of thing, like in Future Breed Machine :) Cool riffage.