Orphaned Land - recording ORwarriOR, a diary from the studio

Bismillah! The day of Birth is close.

PS:
Hej Kobi,
Keep in mind, many fans' prayers are for a 5.1 edition of the album ;)
Another idea for a release is a DVD with a feature allowing to separate all instruments' and vocal tracks and mix each songs with our own hands - for example, Dream Theater had such a release recently ("Black Clouds and Silver Linings Fan Box").
*hmhm, I'm not sure this would be any profitable, but who can keep me from dreaming?*

*Offtopic*
And BTW, did you ever consider selling songs online, like Loreena McKennit, California Guitar Trio, Jordan Rudess and Radiohead are doing?

If you introduced this system, devoted fans from even the poorest countries would be able to buy some songs from ORwarriOR paying directly to Orphaned Land (provided they got Visa/MasterCard/PayPal). Besides, fans from countries where no OL albums are released (Japan, Canada, post-Soviet countries, ...) would be able to order album without paying extra for shipping and to resellers.

Internet piracy is killing non-mainstream music, however devoted fans would be happy to have lossless audio "mp3s" they legally bought. At that, the web shop would need to be advertised very well among all OL fans globally.

These are just some ideas :)

For example, Radiohead got more income from an album they sold online than for any previous albums. The fans could pay online any amount of money they could to have the Radiohead album. And of course devoted fans paid as much as they could to support the band.

Bismillah! The day of Birth is close.

PS:
Hej Kobi,
Keep in mind, many fans' prayers are for a 5.1 edition of the album ;)
Another idea for a release is a DVD with a feature allowing to separate all instruments' and vocal tracks and mix each songs with our own hands - for example, Dream Theater had such a release recently ("Black Clouds and Silver Linings Fan Box").
*hmhm, I'm not sure this would be any profitable, but who can keep me from dreaming?*

*Offtopic*
And BTW, did you ever consider selling songs online, like Loreena McKennit, California Guitar Trio, Jordan Rudess and Radiohead are doing?

If you introduced this system, devoted fans from even the poorest countries would be able to buy some songs from ORwarriOR paying directly to Orphaned Land (provided they got Visa/MasterCard/PayPal). Besides, fans from countries where no OL albums are released (Japan, Canada, post-Soviet countries, ...) would be able to order album without paying extra for shipping and to resellers.

Internet piracy is killing non-mainstream music, however devoted fans would be happy to have lossless audio "mp3s" they legally bought. At that, the web shop would need to be advertised very well among all OL fans globally.

These are just some ideas :)

For example, Radiohead got more income from an album they sold online than for any previous albums. The fans could pay online any amount of money they could to have the Radiohead album. And of course devoted fans paid as much as they could to support the band.

Orphaned Land albums are available in Canada. Anyway, it's been years since I've bought an album in store. I don't care if they make the album available online or not. All I want is a vinyl version.

Oh man....another delay?
Can I ask something seriously?
Well I'm gonna ask anyway, it's your choice if to answer or not hehe...

Is there any reason why it took only 2 years to create the debut album and 2 years the second (which imo is your best one to date), but 'Mabool' took like 8 years and 'Orwarrior' something like 4-5 years? Is there any specific reason for it? Is it become more difficult to come with new ideas in the songwriting? Or is it something with the recording process? I'm really curious about that and I can't wait for your new album.

In all our times together NEVER did we have problems or difficulties in creative ideas or musical material.
I normally write riffs and song sequences for a new album in few days to few weeks. We normally end up filtering and leaving aside a lot of material.

Orphaned Land's creation is vast and complex, requires deep research of ideas, cultures, languages, conceptual match to the music etc. This is not a 2-riffs song writing process. we always critisize our songs and re-shape them until we're 100% sure this is an epic release that meets our high-standards quality bar.
Add to this that when we made the debut albums we were teenagers to early twenties with basically only music in our lives.
Today we're mid-30s, some with families and children, careers etc.

I can full-heartedly say it will be worth the wait :)

Orphaned Land's creation is vast and complex, requires deep research of ideas, cultures, languages, conceptual match to the music etc. This is not a 2-riffs song writing process. we always critisize our songs and re-shape them until we're 100% sure this is an epic release that meets our high-standards quality bar.
Oh you bunch of perfectionists ;)
It really does not matter how long it is going to take you to record and polish it to the state of perfection.

I would like to quote the Contemporary Mozart Mattias Kogler (soul of Estatic Fear) who has not released anything since 1999, however is planning to record at least two albums in 2009-2010:
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet!" [originally that's Jean-Jacques Rousseau, but anyway].

PS: Now I understand where Orphaned Land's outstanding sound and performance quality comes from. A masterpiece = 90% hard work and 10% inspiration.

Hiii alll, 1st of all id like to introduce myself my name is Salman im a 20 yr old muslim whos just in love with your music and I assure you millions from all over the world do so too, i cant wait for your next album its amazing how u guys have this forum updating us fans on a timly basis respect i wish u all the best again cant wait for ur new album love from bahrain the gulf the middle east..... :D i can write till i drop bout how great ur music is and how much it inspires me but i dnt wanna waste anyones time haha tc catch ya later

BTW, does anyone mind if I put the interiews on YouTube?

Sorry to say, but yes we do mind. We travel everywhere to make such reportages for all of you. It would be nice if others would respect our copyrights and not take the videos to youtube.
We want to draw attention to the new site, which was a lot of work to put together and we do that by having the videos only there for now.
In short time the interviews will be available on youtube as well. You can check orphaned disciples@ youtube to find material shot for the site.
Thanks for asking though- I really appreciate that.

And on the topic of the new site; we want to make it multilangual and could use someone with good command of Russian- interested?

Any other language we don't speak ourselves is welcome as well. We want to make the site a meeting place for fans like inhere, it would be great if they can read the site in their own language.