Orphaned land still performing in Sonisphere Turkey ?

SkeletonWitch

Morphine Child
May 30, 2010
Beirut, Lebanon
I hope they do.

Although there has been some immature reactions, but the majority of Turkish (and non Turkish) fans are demanding that Orphaned Land would still perform in Turkey. :headbang:

I will be coming from Lebanon to attend the event, and I hope to see Orphaned Land there.

:headbang:

Post on the Disciples fan page: http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/site/lang/en/2010/06/06/sonisphere-turkey-cancels-orphaned-land/

Invite as many friends as you can to join the protest FaceBook page-thank you for your help
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/orphanedlandistiyoruz

31977_125604414137062_117014468329390_178793_1362674_n.jpg

Orphaned Land didn't come but don't worry, we Turkish people have fish memory. I remember that once we hated North Korea, Greece, Italy, Syria or even Switzerland! We were even about to declare war against Syria!

And today, i don't think that anyone really remembers these problems :D

This Israel issue shown on media too much, and people really started to get bored from it to see on TV. This Israel topic is about get outdated! It was maybe a tactic. I really do not believe anything what do i read from newspapers or what do i see on tvs.

Anyway, I am sorry about the latest events, i really do not want to talk about politics but I just say that I am really sad about it.

Arabian, Jewish, Turkish, Kurdish or Persian. We are on the same ship, if things will go really very bad, we'll sink all together. We should work for to create a future. Our generation could not able to make peace in middle east, hope to see next generations to be succeed and to make us ashamed :)

the Turkish newspaper Hürriyet just translated that article as i can see now, they also showed Jarusalem Post as the source too.

Well yes Morticia, I saw some people who had Orphaned Land t-shirts. I didn't wear, honestly i have only one OL tshirt that i bought in one concert of them which was quite small for me, i am not sure if you can remember, i talked with you a bit there.

The Sonisphere fest was great, i think it was such in Romania etc. too, whole the Inonu Staduim was full. It was cool to see Slayer, Anthrax, Megedeth, Metallica etc. at the same stage. It would be nicer to see Orphaned Land there too. I have also meet with a lot of metallers from Syria, Lebanon and Georgia there. It was great. It seems like soon they will have such organizations too. I guess it will be great to visit Syria from here for such events.

I actually do not blame the organizators of Sonisphere that they canceled the OL concert, maybe they just didn't want to see any possible problem for this concerts.

Let's be a bit patient and calm. As Kobi said, it is so hard to build something but easy to collapse. We are on side to build, which is the hard side. If we can make things just a bit better, let's claim it as a victory. All these efforts will bring very big results by the time, we will all see that.

I actually get it as a chance to live in a geography where is close to Arabians, Persians or Jews. All of them has a great cultural background, and have even an older history than we Turks. We exchanged a lot of cultural materials for years that you can say as thousands. The most of Turkic people choosen Islam which borned in Arabia whilst one other turkic tribe choosen Judaism (Khazars) and one other choosen Christianity (Gagauzians) which shows our ties to the middle east.

Please look the the following flag:
Karamanid_Dynasty_flag.svg

Do you think that it is a kind of ancient Jewish state? It was the flag of Karamanids in Anatolia who was before the Ottomans and who were moslems. The star on the Israeli flag is also holly for moslems!

My friend, this is called communism. We still live in a primitive world. It still needs time to come true. Let's look for the next step for now.

I am also agree with you that a world without nations would be better, even i believe that all the people in the world have their rights to save their ethnical culture.