Orphaned Land Tribute

The evening at the "Tmuna" club started with a screening of the OL documentry, and a new video an ARAFEL (an upcoming israeli BM band).

The film was really exiting for me, very honest, touching and clear. Specially the part where Kobi and yossi met two jordanians, it was so innocent and politics\hate Free !!

Seeing Kobi tellign the camera of how he was enlighted with the the Mabool concept and lirics, made me feel im witnessing a rare moment that`ll change some people`s life (ok maybe i carry it too far but... it really felt strong)

First band to come up on the tribute night were Vultures. for those who are unfamiliar with the band, these guys play something that`s much like wupmscut or vnv naiton yet VERT VERT tense!! the opened with a bizzare and good cover of "find yourself..." EXELLENT!! very unexpected yet great !

Next band to come up were "Tears Of Israfel". I heard about `em but i never heard the music... in spite of thier young age, these guys seem very promising, they covered OL perfectly !! I was hypnotied when they played "A never ending way...". Fantastique !!

Arafel came up stage and gave a brutal cover for "Above You All". They broke the place !!! Definitly Israel`s biggest upcoming BM act... (tho they tened to use a little russian here and there... most of them are russian israelis... sounds rather funny:D). The mosh Pit was hilarious !!

And then came the peak of the evening. A rather short, almost Improvised acoustic preformance by Orphaned Land. First song was played by Kobi and Matti.
The band, heavily busy with recordign nowadays, found fragments of spare time they rarely have now, to cover a Peter Murphy song - Sharing.

Personaly i`m familiar with Peter Murphy so i was Delighted to hear this one... This was one Musical Charm i`ll never forget..
Eden joined Kobi and Matti for these next songs: El Me`od Na`ala, The Beloved`s Cry and The evil Urge. (and again El Me`od Na`ala as an encore)

I find it hard to describe the good atmosphere at that night... it was splendid... felt like the safest home, the band simply asked the people "these are all the songs we prepered for tonight, so we can only repeat another song if you like" hehehe it was as if you had OL preforming in your living room :cool: it Felt Really good...

The way it seems last night, you have to preper yourself for the big flood... it`s getting closer and closer ....

DSCN8830.jpg

Thanks for the link Kobi, I would have loved to see you guys...ah, one day...Matti is all fuzzy now :tickled:

Avi - a belated welcome back from Greece (though we've already talked, a public welcome back!) and great review!

Maybe I will see you all one day :Spin: