Osmose Copy Protection Crack?

aha, i will look up smt if i can, maybe misanthrope can help with this too ;) shhhhhhhhhhh :p

I find it strange that most guys out there want to crack it. I think mostly because you guys don't actully use your PC to listen to the CD right?

Originally posted by red_beef
I find it strange that most guys out there want to crack it. I think mostly because you guys don't actully use your PC to listen to the CD right?

no, the problem is: rather than just making it unreproducable, they brought up this safedisc thing which doesn't even allow you to PLAY it on your pc (with windows OS, that is).

Hell, i never use my pc to listen to cd and i would still buy the gallery and the minds I just so i can crack it copy it to mp3 and put the mp3s up in a page so everyone can download them.

Of course i dont have time or money to prove practical points anymore :cry:

Originally posted by VultureCulture

no, the problem is: rather than just making it unreproducable, they brought up this safedisc thing which doesn't even allow you to PLAY it on your pc (with windows OS, that is).

Boy, that suck!!! :mad:

Originally posted by red_beef

well I do, I don't even have normal cd player, well just the discman. And what I do is every album I buy I just rip it into mp3 and listen the mp3 directly....so I don't have the cds in the drive...

i don't like ripping and stuff and loading my drives with mp3s....i prefer playing directly from the CDs....so Osmose can really fuck off :mad:

I make cdr copies of my original cd's so they don't get harmed or something, how the hell am I going to do that with the new Ravager cd I plan to buy? :mad:

Exhuming this thread:

This may be old news... I just read an article about a supposed possible way to break the copy protections system. Pretty inexpensive :lol:, but makes CDs look ugly, but not sure if it damages them. Try it at your own risk...

Details are here.

I am not sure if this is real or not, but if it is that is just hilarious. All that research and technology defeated by a common stationery item. :lol:

It makes the back of the CDs look ugly... they are supposed to be all shiny like a mirror. I use them as mirrors. :)

P.S. Has anyone tried this or known or anyone who has, and does it work?

Daemon tools does safedisk now that i remember. It emulates some crap that allows you to use backup copies of safedisk game without any kind of protection. It could allow you to rip the cd to mp3 effectively cracking it. I will try it soon

Check www.gamecopyworld.com to get a copy of daemon tools and experiment if any of you wishes.

Thanks for the information. :)

So far, I do not think any CDs I have are copy-protected, I will use the utility if any of the future ones I purchase are. It is better than marking up the shiny, shiny backs of the CDs... :D

I don't know if it's some copy protection or what but everytime I play Haven in my cd-drive it stops playing after few seconds when I've pressed 'play' for the first time. Then it starts playing normally when I press 'play' another time.