Copy protection

ginkgothian

Apr 11, 2002
I just noticed that "Novembrine Waltz" is obviously copy protected :yell:
Anyone knows how to remove the protection so I can listen to the album with my Computer?

I never though of Metal Cds having copy protections...stupid thing...:erk:

GRRR...:loco:

ginkgothian said:
I just noticed that "Novembrine Waltz" is obviously copy protected :yell:
Anyone knows how to remove the protection so I can listen to the album with my Computer?

I never though of Metal Cds having copy protections...stupid thing...:erk:

GRRR...:loco:

? There's no copy protection on mine.

Strange thing...the ripping tool states that copying is not allowed for this CD and refuses to work. Maybe it's just the program...I nomaly use exact audio copy or cdex...but they won't work for some strange reason ..eeeek

You can "eliminate" the copy protection by using a waterproof marker and draw a line that crosses the outer part on the silver side of the CD. If you hold it up in the light you will see the dividing between the music, starting from the center, and the data-part.
If you've done it right you may use it in the PC without problems, I did it with great success on my Avril-CD :Spin:

hmmm...I have to apologize...it was just my ripping prog...the CD is NOT copy protected

btw ...Avril....hmm.....hm

hmm!!

the osmose re-issues of 'the mind's i' and 'the gallery' by dark tranquility are copy protected. the limited edition 2 disk version of nightwish's 'century child' to name a few. i haven't tried my novembre yet though. that shit sucks. copy protection shit just makes it harder to copy, it doesnt prevent it, so why bother?

Copy prtection stopped me from copying the Chili Peppers CD much to my dismay. But then I had a GREAT idea! I put the cd in the cd player, Got my Mini-Disc, And got my double sided audio cable and plugged it in through the Headphone port! Viva Life! (By the way, I then uploaded the album to my website and subsequently got into a little bit of a tizzy but it doesnt matter cuz I won and everyone else lost!) By the way, the new universal cds have a new copy protection. they install software in the background that actually stops you from copying the cd.