OT: BWBK's top 10 of 2005

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
This is always a list I look forward to since BWBK is arguably the best metal mag in North America:

1. Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
2. Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
3. Candlemass - S/T
4. Opeth - Ghost Reveries
5. Kreator - Enemy of God
6. Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
7. Children of Bodom - Are you Dead Yet?
8. Gamma Ray - Majestic
9. Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls
10. Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

glad to see Nevermore got #1. I've been saying that album slayed everything else this year since it came out. Same goes for Kreator breaking the top 5. Once again, killer disc. And I'm glad the new Bodom broke the top 10 too...I definitely think its one of the strongest of their career so far.

I have all of them except for Gamma Ray, and I'd say that's a pretty fair representation. TGE is not my fav out of all of them, but hey.....

I also dont think the Priest album is THAT good....probably should not be in the top 10. The Dickinson and Candlemass albums didnt impress me either, but I've heard others rave about them.

IMO, Are you dead yet wouldn't have been on that list. #1 would be Ghost Reveries and a SUPER CLOSE #2 would be This Godless Endeavour. I'm too lazy to think of what the other ones would be.

I hate that list and really dislike Nevermore. I only like about half of list, let alone think they are the best.

I think the list is pretty average too....a couple of good ones (Opeth, Kreator) though...the Nevermore album is fairly good musically but i've never been a huge fan of Warrell's vox.

Russell allen/jorn lande - the battle was #16 and Yngwie was at #60! I'm surprized the first i had heard of that russel allen this was in this issue (which by the way sucks, don't buy it) and shocked to see that arch enemy beat YJM by 50 albums

Thraxz said:
I hate that list and really dislike Nevermore. I only like about half of list, let alone think they are the best.
That was refreshing, thanks. I don't have any one of those albums, and though I'm not that much into Power Metal anymore, Gamma Ray and Bruce Dickinson are the ones that interest me most... draw your conclusions.