[OT]Hangin with mastodon

Good for you man. How exactly did you get to hang with them in the first place?

I like their music a lot. I wonder what people on this board think of the production of their albums...

p.s. No thread hijack intended

mastodons production isn't even that great compared to other productions/mixes but it just sucks you in EVERY time you listen to it..

and then the mix/production is still pretty awesome, the guitars in workhorse crush!! i heard it was marschall jcm900 with tubescreamer and gibson (normal passive gibson pick ups if i'm not wrong.)

i got a scanned bit where they tell about their gear somewhere.. if i find it i'll put it up.:headbang:

Seizure. said:
mastodons production isn't even that great compared to other productions/mixes but it just sucks you in EVERY time you listen to it..

and then the mix/production is still pretty awesome, the guitars in workhorse crush!! i heard it was marschall jcm900 with tubescreamer and gibson (normal passive gibson pick ups if i'm not wrong.)

i got a scanned bit where they tell about their gear somewhere.. if i find it i'll put it up.:headbang:

I quite like Matt Bayles (sp)

his stuff is simple and kinda classic sounding, nothing overly clean but a vintage sounding punch to it.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
I quite like Matt Bayles (sp)

his stuff is simple and kinda classic sounding, nothing overly clean but a vintage sounding punch to it.

jep, the dirty kinda production.... i especially like his bass sound on both mastodon records.
and i wonder if he could do a andy kinda mix and vice versa.
just to see if it was a certain style they have OR if they do it with intention and ARE capable of other kinda productions...

Just to chime in... I spoke to those guys briefly on Ozzfest... their drummer was a cool fuggin dude.

J

no we didn't what are you talking about :confused:
hehe
so but you liked Brent and Brann and Troy?
and Bill even though I guess we didn't really talk to him that much...
oh and did you contact Withered yet? 'cause if you do you can give them my e-mail (Loki.Ragnarok@gmail), I forgot and even though I can do it myself I am lazy atm and high on cough syrup and probably will be like that for a couple of days
I feel a bit guilty actually 'cause you didn't get your stuff signed
but hey I guess there's always the next time!