OT: Help with movie title

astream

Burning headbanger
Jul 24, 2009
Hi guys,

this movie I saw long time ago ... is really cool, but I don't have a clue about the title anymore.

Who's up for the challenge out there?! ;)

Plot: Some young people in London, England living together, not working, just supporting themselves through all kinds of "competitions". Like when you answer some questions and send in a short text to a company ("why I should win..."), the winner gets 1000 rolls of toilet paper, a year of free Corn Flakes, free tickets to the zoo for all your friends etc.

One of the actors turned out to be quite "big", like Jude Law or some dude in that quite of branche.

Was a really cool movie back then. Came out somewhere between 1996-2000. Think it was released at the time when Trainspotting was around.

Hope one of you can help ...! :popcorn:

Hi guys,

this movie I saw long time ago ... is really cool, but I don't have a clue about the title anymore.

Who's up for the challenge out there?! ;)

Plot: Some young people in London, England living together, not working, just supporting themselves through all kinds of "competitions". Like when you answer some questions and send in a short text to a company ("why I should win..."), the winner gets 1000 rolls of toilet paper, a year of free Corn Flakes, free tickets to the zoo for all your friends etc.

One of the actors turned out to be quite "big", like Jude Law or some dude in that quite of branche.

Was a really cool movie back then. Came out somewhere between 1996-2000. Think it was released at the time when Trainspotting was around.

Hope one of you can help ...! :popcorn:

All the stuff in the movie that they are doing are not 100 % innocent. One guy is stealing some stuff through climbing over the roofs of the neighbouring houses. The same guy is pretending to be a scientist in order to sign a big contract - based on nothing.

Never heard of it and judging from the box office, nobody else has either.:lol:

Box Office
Budget:$3,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend:$56,240 (USA) (3 May 1998) (23 Screens)
Gross:$302,204 (USA) (31 May 1998)

I think it did ok in the uk. It was released direct to video in Norway. I remember it being quite entertaining, though.

Motorpsycho (and all who tried): YEEES!!!

Awesome mate! Thanks a lot! This is the movie I was looking for!

Will try to find it through my local movie store. Will be a bit easier now that I know the name again. :D

Good ol' board!

Knew I could trust you guys! :headbang:

Motorpsycho (and all who tried): YEEES!!!

Awesome mate! Thanks a lot! This is the movie I was looking for!

Will try to find it through my local movie store. Will be a bit easier now that I know the name again. :D

Good ol' board!

Knew I could trust you guys! :headbang:

You're very welcome.

You can get it real cheap on DVD from Play.com

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/91616/Shooting-Fish/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=shooting+fisj&urlrefer=search