OT: Nightwish

As promised, just go to the Cool pic thread also feel free to say hi on our forum, etc.

s

WOW! What a great forum and tread over there!! There are some great posts and pix!! America's view on England and the World and the Vulture pic had me ROLLING!!!:lol::lol: GREAT stuff!! I will explore the site and Band more when I get on a better computer for sure! Thanks for turning me on to this band and forum!!
I'm curious to hear what others think on this forum, now! Jenna and Jeremy are my 2 favorite music critics and would love to hear from them!
I'm also curious about the Band's name. I'm not very well read and all, but I remember the term Lycans from one of my favorite movies. Hot Vampire girls in leather that kick ass rule!! lol! Not sure if it has anything to do with the band's name, though. Is this your band Stephen SLR, BTW?

I'm also curious about the Band's name
The name is taken from the novel by Tanith Lee - "Lycanthia or The Children of the Wolves".

that Vulture pic had me ROLLING!!!
That photo showing a starving Sudanese child being stalked by a vulture won Kevin Carter the 1994 Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

Is this your band Stephen SLR, BTW?

Thanks for the compliments there MA, yes, I'm one of the guitarists from Lycanthia. I was previously in Dungeon a band a few of you here would be familiar with.

I would also love to hear Jenna and Jeremy's views on us, you may want to start a new thread here as it is off topic to this thread, I won't do it as it would possibly be seen as spam.

s

It was about 4:00 p.m. when I exited the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. It didn't take long for me to realize that the Showbox SoDo was just a walk away from Safeco Field and Qwest Center. I managed to find a convenient parking spot across the street from the venue.

09090802.jpg

After waiting a couple of hours outside and another two hours in the bar, I ran to the front. At about 9:00 p.m., Sonata Arctica opened the show.

sa09090801.jpg

They gave a stellar performance. After their act, and another 30 or so minutes of fixing up the stage, the lights went out, and the stage was filled with blue lights. Nightwish made their presence known.

09090807.jpg

09090808.jpg

09090812.jpg

09090814.jpg

09090816.jpg

09090818.jpg

Their performance was nothing short of awesome, as they belted out songs from Dark Passion Play, as well as some of their older stuff such as "The Siren," "Dark Chest of Wonders" and "Wish I Had an Angel." As you can see on the pics, Anette dyed her hair back to blond, and she now sports a tattoo on her left forearm.

After the show, I went to the back of the club to meet the band. Unfortunately, Anette disappeared after the show. It was great to know that the guys are really cool in person, Especially Tuomas and Marco.

marco01.jpg

tuomas01.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get to see these guys again.

09090820.jpg

WTF Annete... the tattoo, cheap dye job?

They aren't too concerned with their appearance, either. Look at the band on the 'End of an Era' DVD. They are all decked out in stage clothes. Here it looks like they just walked off the street.

They aren't too concerned with their appearance, either. Look at the band on the 'End of an Era' DVD. They are all decked out in stage clothes. Here it looks like they just walked off the street.

I think they dressed up on that DVD just to blend with Tarja, and I bet they weren't comfortable with that at all. And I don't mind them performing in street clothes - as long as they enjoy performing on stage. Sure beats what Marco wore last Halloween.:puke:

(Click at your own risk!)