OT: NO MORE CHEF!?!?!?

Scientology is a religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard, and much like Catholicism, you have to pay to be high up in the ranks. If you wanna learn more, watch the South Park Episode.

ptah knemu said:
Scientology is a religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard, and much like Catholicism, you have to pay to be high up in the ranks. If you wanna learn more, watch the South Park Episode.

Exactly what do you mean about Catholicism? I think you need to back that claim up.

What I mean is that Scientology today works exactly how Catholicism worked in the Middle Ages... Shit. i forgot to say that part, didn't I? (This flu is killing me.)

turke said:
What is scientology anyway ? It sounds like a new religion game being played by rich and famous people.

wikipedia said:
Scientology is a religious movement based on a system of beliefs, teachings, practices, and rituals that originated as philosophy in 1952 by author L. Ron Hubbard, and characterized by the Church of Scientology in 1953 as an "applied religious philosophy". Hubbard defined Scientology as "knowing how to know" [1], although he is also known to have described it as "a study of knowledge" [citation needed].
The Church of Scientology has attracted much controversy and criticism. Critics — including government officials of certain countries — have characterized the Church as an unscrupulous commercial organization, and it is accused of harassing critics and exploiting members. Scientology's principles have been characterized as pseudoscientific by mainstream medical and psychotherapeutic practitioners, and, the Church has frequently been characterized as a cult.

Wikipedia rules....also I noticed that all the crap about space aliens is in the wiki document too...I thought South Park had really just made it up :lol:

Either way, anything that can be seen as a cult spells bad news.

Yngvai X said:
also I noticed that all the crap about space aliens is in the wiki document too...I thought South Park had really just made it up :lol:
Hence the flashing "This is what scientologists acctually believe"...me and my friend researched it the day after the premere and found it all to be true

ptah knemu said:
What I mean is that Scientology today works exactly how Catholicism worked in the Middle Ages... Shit. i forgot to say that part, didn't I? (This flu is killing me.)

Ohh, I see now...the indulgences and stuff along those lines.

Sorry if I came off harsh. I promise I was trying not to make an ass of myself, and I figured there was likely a missing context to that remark.

Hope you feel better soon!

Well, i don't mean any offence to any religion but, as i know, before the renaissance, you could pay the church for some land in heaven. Isn't that true ? May be he wanted to mean this :)

yeah you're right... and then enters Luther and says "pay the prize to heaven my ass".
Personally, I prefer to stay away from any kind of religion/cult/whatever.

And oh, about the topic... Recent news say that Chef was actually fired and that all this heat about scientology was pure rumorology, after all. Just pointing it out, I couldn't care less

OfSinsAndShred said:
I realized it's true that he quit, but I figured that had to be fake that he left because of the Scientology thing... the show ripped on so many other religions, he'd have left long ago.

The one about the Mormons was the best....:loco:

Lord_Tarod said:
yeah you're right... and then enters Luther and says "pay the prize to heaven my ass".
Personally, I prefer to stay away from any kind of religion/cult/whatever.

And oh, about the topic... Recent news say that Chef was actually fired and that all this heat about scientology was pure rumorology, after all. Just pointing it out, I couldn't care less
Na they wouldnt fire him after 9 years of Sounth Park...I'm also almost positive they got a replacement chef (like an impersonator)

RobbM said:
The one about the Mormons was the best....:loco:

Do you mean the episode with the song "dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb" :) Yes it was great. But i have no idea what mormons are or what their belief is.

Yes, and that was 100% accurate as to there beliefs, just like the scientology episode, and there just another cult, err, I mean religion, just wiki it if ya want...

Did you guys watch the new episode last night? I thought it was fuckin' awesome.