OT production rant

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
so I contacted the guys from my old band from 1989, decided to re-record an album we done but never did anything with. any way the drummer is excited the singer is excited, me the bass player ready. one of our guitarist lives way far away and we've lost touch with him. BUT our other guitarist is the thorn....I asked him is he interested in being part of it and he says to me no he's not but will help out if we wanted him to. anyway we are gonna start laying drum tracks on Jan 7th. so the guitarist calls me up today and tells me that when it's time for him to lay the guitar tracks...he wants everything set up and ready for him so he can come in and lay his tracks and leave. like he wants little contact with us at all. as he's telling me this i pull the phone away from my ear and look at the phone thinking who the fuck does he thinks he's talking to. but i kept my cool and called the other guys with the news of his demands. the thing is I wanted this to be with all the original members but we have decided that if he's gonna act like he's a fucking rock star, then fuck him. we can do this without him but the thing is he's a great guitarist.

Why is he being such a dick? That's really the only question I can think of, what's his beef with you guys and/or why is his time so goddamn valuable? (and apparently scarce)

Tell you what. Fly me down and I'll lay down the tracks for you. I want everything ready to go when I get there so I can record my shit and bounce. Buuuuutttt...... I will be friendly and talk to you while I'm there!