OT - this is the worst thing i've heard in a while. . .

xmidihcx

off topic user
Dec 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
www.myspace.com
hey guys i just found out about this band that covers metal songs acapella with a drummer. check out that bald dude with the red beard! :lol::lol::lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwNrjvNiYs&feature=related[/ame]

:puke: diddlydiddly BATARI!:p

wow, um... you realize that somebody paid alot of money to get this done. pro recording and video and all that. wow...

whats even sadder, this will probably end up on some CW (isnt that the new WB or soemthing?) or MTV teenage show, and be huge with 13 yo's getting angry at their parents.

I think they're badass. I'm not going to lie. In a silly way, like how power metal is badass.

They've been around for a while actually... and this cover is not half as bad as their original (?) shit I've heard before, which is really bad powermetal sung in that vain.

FWIW, I made it to the end of that vid without losing my breakfast. But good laugh at around the 3 min mark when they started that "ra-tam-dam-tam-ta-dam" stuff... :D
And then the solo...:lol:

I've discovered this band some months ago, and I love it.
Don't know why people here bash bands that try to do new things in the metal scene :rolleyes:

I suppose that bands like Apocalyptica will receive the same thing... "playing metal with cellos? fuck'em!"

I've discovered this band some months ago, and I love it.
Don't know why people here bash bands that try to do new things in the metal scene :rolleyes:

I suppose that bands like Apocalyptica will receive the same thing... "playing metal with cellos? fuck'em!"

Simply because the dindindindilindidy-parts among others sound amusing as hell. Sounds like manic yodling through a distortion pedal. It's still kinda cool, though.

I do really think this sounds great ! Dindindinling part may sound funny but anyway, that's how a guitar riff sounds in term of vocal sounds.

I really think the solo also sounds great ! May seem funny but anyway, he managed it really well ! Good use of wha on vox