OT - this is the worst thing i've heard in a while. . .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyHcIHssdHA&feature=related[/ame]

hahaha- it had to be. dum dicky dum dicky dum dicky dum dicky dum for the gallops lol. dum.riminiminiminiminiminiminiminimi. dum.riminiminiminiminiminiminiminimi. lol

This isn't new at all. Jonathan Davis has been doing this sort of vocal stuff since 1993. KoRn self titled, anyone?

Beavis and butthead did it.. as well as a japanese guy who's name escaped me, who did full metal covers with his voice only.

I like the multiple vocal harmonies to be honest but trying to imitate guitars and bass with the voice totally ruins it. It's a joke.

And the evil faces they do when they sing diddly da dum etc. is pure fail.
Personally I didn't so much laugh as being really embarrassed for them.

I've discovered this band some months ago, and I love it.
Don't know why people here bash bands that try to do new things in the metal scene :rolleyes:

I suppose that bands like Apocalyptica will receive the same thing... "playing metal with cellos? fuck'em!"

Apocalyptica is really good. Seriously. :kickass:

Beavis and butthead did it.. as well as a japanese guy who's name escaped me, who did full metal covers with his voice only.

Dokaka!

He also performed on some Björk album if I remember right. He's also done load of other, non-metal covers too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite sounding strange, at least this takes talent and I'm sure it required a lot of time, effort and practice, unlike the shit polluting the air created by Brokencyde and Attack Attack.

i dig apocalyptica too... of course, i dont think i can take an entire album of it, but they've done cool versions of metallica and tool. i made a cool medley of fade to black, schism and nothing else matters that i mixed together for a dinner reception music one time. the handful that got what it was effin loved it. the rest were blissfully clueless...

I like them. Its a funny way of covering songs, they're skilled in what they do and the vocal arrangements are cool. Let him who has never hummed a song cast the first stone :p this is just that, with a lot of production.

Its the same thing I do when I'm trying to describe a song I heard to a friend who may have heard it but is not sure. diddly diddly dom dom dom tacha tacha dom dom dom.......:lol: