(OT) wages of sin amp settings ( i know! )

thirded, thats mental,
i can play really REALLY fucking tight and it took me 5 days to DOUBLE track including cleans leads and other sounds for a whole album

dude. 1 day is WAY too little. have 4 days to have some room to "breathe" when you're doing a fucking album! It took 7 days to quadtrack my band's album(about 35min) and I know the guitarist is really awesome. Dude. Quadtracking takes TIME. Seems like you don't have time...

ps. We had a whole day only finding the guitarsound!

I'm not gonna state the obvious, but any amp, and those in particular, need some time to "make it sound"
They're not plug and play amps, you'll find that moving a tiny bit on any of the knobs make a huge difference (I've owned both, and same cab).
Anyway, any of us, with the same settings, will sound different, that means maybe FABZ gets a crushing tone, A toolish Circle gets a nasal tone and I, of course, will sound like poo :p
So, I wish you luck, and first of all, don't get anxious while doing it.

Edit: Don't forget there's a lot of mental pressure going on, I needed a whole day to lay a SINGLE track on 8 songs...

when I multi-track guitars, I take a DI along with the amp, and I often wind up cleaning and aligning the DIs and then reamp. makes for a very clean and tight sound.

maybe track the guitars now with any amp, take the DI, clean and align the DIs, then later reamp with the Hi-gainers.

I dunno what the fuzz is all about, I really don't think it's such a big deal recording 8-10 tracks in a day if you are decent player. Especially with the current technology that makes it so easy to copy and paste stuff. Of course if you are doing 735845 riffs per song and little leads and fills everywhere, then it'll be much harder, but for your average metal I think it can be easily done if it is well rehearsed and the player is good.

When I was still playing guitar regularly (2003) I quad-tracked 14 songs of Pantera-style metal in 1,5 days (8h + 4h) and it wasn't a big deal, really - and I am not even a superb player, I just knew the songs. Of course it helped that I knew how to get the sound I wanted from my Savage.

I dunno what the fuzz is all about, I really don't think it's such a big deal recording 8-10 tracks in a day if you are decent player. Especially with the current technology that makes it so easy to copy and paste stuff. Of course if you are doing 735845 riffs per song and little leads and fills everywhere, then it'll be much harder, but for your average metal I think it can be easily done if it is well rehearsed and the player is good.

When I was still playing guitar regularly (2003) I quad-tracked 14 songs of Pantera-style metal in 1,5 days (8h + 4h) and it wasn't a big deal, really - and I am not even a superb player, I just knew the songs. Of course it helped that I knew how to get the sound I wanted from my Savage.

That's cool! :headbang:

Well, I'm sure you were/are actually dedicated to the instrument. I think the skeptasism is coming from the fact that a lot of people just aren't anymore. :(

finally back home!!

well , with the drummer arrive to the studio at 9:00 am , all was miced in his drum that we take in the night of the day before , so today ,he record the 8 songs in 3 hours ( setting the inical basic sound for the triggers and all that in those 3 hours aprox) then i came with my guitars , i just record 7 song with the other guitarrist and we finish in 4.5 aprox ours, we finally record the guitars with the 5150 and the mesa boogie cabinet ( the songs are 4:30 aprox with leads and solos ) after this we took a break of like 2 hours, then we record the bass with the new gallien krueger of the bass player, sound the &"$%"·$! and finally ,the the keyboars were recorded

so we have to finish the last song tomorrow ( im fucking tired now lol , i dont want to play guitar anymore for a month or so :p )
:erk: :ill:

i will try to take some pictures to upload here :p

cheers.

Well Felipe, now it's time for me to say GOOD WORK, and sorry if I sounded rude in my post
Hope you finish the tracks and post here some clips!

good luck man,
i'm waaay too picky about sound and performance to do all my guitar tracks in a single day...but if you've got good ears, good chops, and are working with a good engineer it can be done

my concern would be what if that day is coming to an end, and you're not where you wanna be? do you have the option to spend another day or on, or would you have to settle for something you don't ultimately want?

hell my band recorded our first full length in a day, and (altho the songs themselves weren't all that great) i'm still shocked out how good most of it came out

sorry for the delay of the pics :p!

here are some of them, i couldnt take pics of the ohs and ambient mic , but we did like a triangile technique with the " air mics ( ohs and ambience ) to have a better sound

and the drummer! :p