Other bands like Nile/Behemoth/Melechesh??

My copy of "The Hellenic Terror" arrived today (ordered it from the label in Spain) - pretty cool music so far, but holy FUCK is it brickwalled to shit and clipping everywhere! sssiiiiggghhhh, the downside of having good monitors :erk:

My copy of "The Hellenic Terror" arrived today (ordered it from the label in Spain) - pretty cool music so far, but holy FUCK is it brickwalled to shit and clipping everywhere! sssiiiiggghhhh, the downside of having good monitors :erk:

My HT version (I have this since a while) haven't this problem, production is just perfect imo (in case you love Hertz production off course)...

Oh the production is good as far as mixing/guitar tones/drums/etc. is concerned, it's the mastering that's driving me nuts (and I have an official CD that I bought from the label, so I doubt there's any better version out there)

Honestly, HT might just usurp Hypocrisy's "Virus" as "loudest CD with worst clipping I've ever heard," but Virus also has the virtue of the trademark fatiguing Tagtgren guitar tone adding to the bunch. I gotta say, though, the music of HT is fucking AWESOME so far, really digging it :headbang:

All you need is fucking ABSU. All those bands you mentioned are great, but ABSU just reigns fucking supreme. The new Absu comes out Febuary 24th.

Possibly the most anticipated album this century IMO.
Proscriptor is like the black metal Neil Peart. He probably could make a pizza mid drum solo.

Check out Eternal Gray from Israel. Their album Kindless is awesome. I heard them doing alot of that sound you mentioned before I heard Behemoth doing it which made me like Demigod alot when it came out.

Oh the production is good as far as mixing/guitar tones/drums/etc. is concerned, it's the mastering that's driving me nuts (and I have an official CD that I bought from the label, so I doubt there's any better version out there)

Ok, I see what you say now;)

God Among Insects may fit into that category.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angelcorpse - Exterminate, Hammer of the Gods, The Inexorable

Morbid Angel - Formulas Fatal to the Flesh (all Sumerian stuff going on in that album)

Anything by Bathory, early Celtic Frost, Enslaved, Absu.............. for atmosphere you can't go wrong with those bands.
Also, Gorguts - Obscura and From Wisdom to Hate. Epic fuckin albums!