other metal

Bathory, Thyrfing, Opeth, In the Woods... , Ulver, Mithotyn, Aeternus, Borknagar, Einherjer, Enslaved, Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Dimmu Borgir, Iced Earth, In Flames, Lost Horizon, Vintersorg, the old Metallica, Therion, Skyclad, Morbid Angel, Dissection, Otyg, Yngwie Malmsteen, Summoning, Entombed, Emperor, Anathema, and some Agalloch...

Damn, I have too many favorite bands:p

EDIT: How the hell could I forget Maiden??

my strict favs are Vintersorg, Thyrfing, Fintroll, Enslaved, Einherjer
and of course Borkie :)
i like also Summoning, Blind Guardian , classic black (bathory, emperor, darkthrone) and "soft" Death like Arch Enemy
cheers, Lady A !

cheers.I agree with morgana, too many too list.But my all time favourites are as follows. Cradle of Filth (first black metal band i got into when i was 13!!!!!!) Hecate enthroned, Mortician,Nebulla, Dimmu,etc. I also like bands like NIN and Ministry, plus the odd bit of death metal, Necrophagia and the like.Strange though, cos i'm a really big fan of System of a down at the moment.im looking out bands who are doing something different with metal,, and system so far have impressed me the most!!!

Pantera, Vintesorg, Bal Sgaoth, Children of Bodom, Catamenia, Merzekabul, Summoning, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian, Slayer, Einherjer, Enslaved, Amorphis, Absu, Crematory, Stratovarius, Royal Hunt, Opeth, Pazuzu, Epoch of Unlight, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Samael, Gehenna, Isengard, Storm, Bathory, Frozen Tears, Korozy, Bolt Thrower, Therion, Theatre of Tragedy, Macbeth, Angra, At the Gates, Brujeria, Hypocrisy, Sodom and more....

Aeternus, Arch Enemy, Behemoth, Borknagar(obviously), Children of Bodom, Dark Funeral, Destruction, Dimmu Borgir, Dissection, Emperor, Immortal, Naglfar, Opeth, Slayer, Testament to name some favorites heh heh.

this will be a really long list... :)
Megadeth, Kalmah, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Vintersorg, Slayer, Blind Guardian, Black Sabbath, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, Down, Carcass, Nevermore, Candlemass, Suidakra, Metallica, Krisiun, Dimension Zero, Fintroll, Necrophobic, Sepultura, Amorphis, Savatage, Dream Theater, Vanden Plas, Opeth, Sabbat ... etc.
well, and lots of grunge and alternative rock-bands, my favorite style beside metal

HEY!! I take offence to that.I do see your point though!!!!!those bands were the first that came to mind.like i can be arsed writing in every band i like,theres just too many dammit!!!

Abigor, Behemoth , Emperor, DHG, Solefald, Summoning, Ulver, Arcturus, Dissection, In the Woods, Megadeth, Manowar, Iron Maiden, Obtained Enslavement, Amorphis, Samael.