other metal

Arch Enemy, Emperor,Dissection,Naglfar, Borknagar (obviously) Ulver, Theory In Practice, Dimmu, Meshuggah, In Flames, Dimension Zero,Dark Funeral, Taake,Abigor,Killswitch Engage,Chimaira,Lord Belial,Mud Vayne, Slipknot,Zyklon I could go on... but you get the point.

Originally posted by LadyA
HEY!! I take offence to that.I do see your point though!!!!!those bands were the first that came to mind.like i can be arsed writing in every band i like,theres just too many dammit!!!

yea i understand all that but.....Mortician????? ....oh man ..i am still confused on how those guys even got a recrod deal :lol:

Edge Of Sanity, Dismember, Nihilist, old Entombed, Seance, Utumno, Furbowl, At The Gates, Unanimated, Carnage, old Grave, Pan-Thy-Monium, Hypocrisy, God Macabre, Crypt Of Kerberos, Desultory, Corpse, Merciless, Centinex... w sumie nie wiem po co to pisze, bo i tak pierdolona malolata wtedy moze miala ze 3 lata...
...and Moonsorrow, Borknagar, Vintersorg, ...And Oceans, Sentenced, The Black League and many more...

@ Eldzik::lol: :lol: :lol:

Death, Nevermore, Morbid Angel, Nyia, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Arcturus, The Forsaken, Opeth, Ulver, Arch Enemy, Theory In Practice, Ebony Tears, Vintersorg, Gardenian, Solefald, Tool, Borknagar, The Black League, Deathstars, Trauma, Testament ...and many more:D

Yall know any black or death bands that totally aren't centered around satanism or or atheism. Borknagar, Aeternus, Enslaved, and Opeth have great lyrics. I think I heard something out Ulver being that way but im not sure. Yall know any?

@TravisW: The question was more for the black and death bands I think...... because ok...... most of the mainstream metal bands don't have lyrics about satanism......

At the gates also......

Originally posted by Dionysos
@TravisW: The question was more for the black and death bands I think...... because ok...... most of the mainstream metal bands don't have lyrics about satanism......

The first post just said other bands, to which I replied with a list of bands which aren't Borknagar. As far as lyrics about satanism, I could care less. To me, that's usually as monotonous as Stryper.

Ulvers lyrics are in European and plus the William Blake one makes no sense. Is that a book? Or something or made up philosophy of God ad Satan or what???? I like in the woods...and i am yet to hear primordial.

Originally posted by Of My Darkest Hour
the William Blake one makes no sense. Is that a book? Or something or made up philosophy of God ad Satan or what???

William Blake was an English poet/madman in the late 18th century. He wrote a number of things---Prophecy of America, the Books of Thel. He created his own mythology of sorts, partially based on Christianity, partially based on Alchemy, and partially based on his own madness. He usually shows up in English Literature books for his poem "Tyger, Tyger"

the blake album is a recitation of his poem "the marriage of heaven and hell" blake is cool guy. you should try to find some commentary on his poetry. he had some cool ideas. songs of experience is another good one to read.

he made up his own mytholgy and also made his own mehtod for printing and illustrated and hand painted his works with is wife. each edition is unique. its quite cool. he engrave the text and the illustratons on plates then printed him.

he is generally considered an early romantic.

and Ulver's lyrics are in european? haha. i dont think there is such a language. i was told that bergtatt is in an old form of danish. the othe two of the trilogy i have no idea.