Other music tastes?

Turbo_stella

I got metal leeegs
Aug 1, 2012
East Sussex
Just wondering what other music people listen to on here?

Although I'm going through a mahoooosive metal revival phase and rediscovering my love for the genre, I have quite a diverse taste in music.

Quite into my dance music, especially trance. Not cheesy DJ Sammy shit though, proper uplifting and euphoric music. I used to head out in London quite a lot and go to nights like Crasher, The Gallery etc.

Also like more downtempo bands - Morning Parade, Ginger Ninja, Graham Coxon (saw him live in Brighton a few months ago, he was fucked off his head on sniff but still put on a good show).

I'm even partial to a bit of classical music.. anything by Karl Jenkins is awesome in my books.

I listen to entirely too much blink-182. :lol:

Other than that and obvious things that people should listen to no matter what (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix etc.) I've been addicted to Hans Zimmer's Batman soundtracks for a few weeks now. All the other major superhero movie soundtracks from the past few years have been added to my collection in the last few months as well. I also enjoy a good bit of video game music too. :p

I've never really listened to much Blink 182... I was a die hard Green Day fan in my youth, still like them now but prefer their earlier sound (Dookie and Insomniac), have caught them live a few times though, most recently at Wembley Stadium was amazing.

My mates gf saw Blink 182 live last month and loved it.

Admittedly, my music tastes have become quite narrow as soon as I turned 12. Before then I was listening to either the radio or rap, then when I discovered System of a Down I've been listening to nothing but metal. And being 14 and discovering Megadeth, thrash was coming in soon to my preferences.

At this point though, I'm willing to say that I'm a big fan of King Crimson; despite only having four albums of theirs. I always wanted to get into progressive rock with guys like Yes and Emerson Lake and Palmer, but I find that no matter what band I check out in this genre, I get led back to King Crimson. Other than that, I speak with a guy who knows a lot about the EDM styles, which is how I got myself interested with Liquicity and their Liquid D'n'B mixes which I absolutely adore (all honesty, Liquid dnb is the only genre I can stand of the electronic).

I also do like some classical, but I could never really FIND a piece that I absolutely like or is able to hold my attention for very long. Sure, there are maybe a couple that I like, but I need to do more searching in order to really pick out a nice peace. At this point though, I think I'd be better off looking through movie soundtracks (this is where you come in Keenan); they have the same appeal as a regular piece, just smaller in length and they have to go hand in hand with a scene although that doesn't have to be the case all the time.

Blues and Jazz are awesome too, but I have no patience to search, and unlike the classical music I have no particular interest in looking for people to listen to. Yet.

For poppy stuff, I'll just stick with Infinity, Addicted and hopefully Epicloud.

I also do like some classical, but I could never really FIND a piece that I absolutely like or is able to hold my attention for very long. Sure, there are maybe a couple that I like, but I need to do more searching in order to really pick out a nice peace. At this point though, I think I'd be better off looking through movie soundtracks (this is where you come in Keenan); they have the same appeal as a regular piece, just smaller in length and they have to go hand in hand with a scene although that doesn't have to be the case all the time.

Check our Karl Jenkins stuff. I know what you mean though, I wouldn't sit down and just listen to a piece of classical music start to finish, it's more something I might sling on in the car on the radio if I'm in the mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mate, my bad. I'm new to the board, forgive me?

No, you are forever banished from these forums for your pestilence :loco:

I don't mind electro the like, as well as the obvious classic rock bands and a mini Beatles obsession. Classical is okay. I find I can listen to it in the background but I don't find it compelling enough to be able to sit and listen to it without doing something else at the same time.

No, you are forever banished from these forums for your pestilence :loco:

I don't mind electro the like, as well as the obvious classic rock bands and a mini Beatles obsession. Classical is okay. I find I can listen to it in the background but I don't find it compelling enough to be able to sit and listen to it without doing something else at the same time.

I've been to classical concerts over the years (not recently) and although the music is relaxing, there's no buzz. High energy music for me!

Nowadays i almost never listen to metal anymore. I mostly listen to Amy MacDonald, John Mayer, Blink 182, The Offspring, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd and other old stuff. My taste is far more wider now.

Don't know, but i got kinda bored with metal :( have to go to Amon Amarth tomorrow though :lol:

kinda listen to everything which doesn't bother me and that sounds like music to me, Iam just not the right person who is researching alot in other music genres.
It depends on alot of different things (f.e. my mood) when I can listen to other music, but yeah mostly I listen to metal.

I think you can plainly see in my posts that I listen to the more aggressive stuff, which also depends on my current situation.

Have to say, since I signed up to Spotify I've listened to a wider range of music! I gave in a signed up to premium but tbh, I do listen to A LOT of music so was worth it just to get rid of the fucking adverts!!!

Just a shame no Metallica or Led Zepplin on there :(

It used to be strictly metal for me, but now I listen to a lot of electronic music too. Mostly trance/house/dubstep. A few examples:

Last edited by a moderator:
It used to be strictly metal for me, but now I listen to a lot of electronic music too. Mostly trance/house/dubstep. A few examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDRsDS81n4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZSgGJi867s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK1mLIeXwsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEa5C3P_GIY

Can't say I'm massively into dubstep, house music is such a broad genre I can't stand minimal or wonky shit, but some of the more melodic and soulful stuff is okay.

Totally feeling the trance thing, I've seen A&B live a few times and they're amazing... proper 'hair standing up on the back of your neck' music. Tiesto I've seen three times and he's just become really shit over the years, but really loving Paul Oakenfold at the moment.

Check out some of his Four Seasons mixes. He's released two 'We Are Planet Perfecto' compilations which I would avoid, aimed more at the commercial market, but his Perfect Flouro releases are gold!!!