other music

metal_wrath said:
I only listen to music that takes itself seriously. But to each his pwn I guess....

Yea seriously is good, too seriously is not. As much as I believe the human spirit can soar on the power of a good harmony, you have to remember it is just music.

Dalkaen said:
Power metal does takes itself seriously. It's just that no one else does.

You can't actaully believe that?

Some of the Black Metal heads took their scene too seriously and look what happened there.

Powers said:
Yea seriously is good, too seriously is not. As much as I believe the human spirit can soar on the power of a good harmony, you have to remember it is just music.
Yes, I agree that it is just music, I don't take it too seriously...Just I can't stand pretentious music.

You can't actaully believe that?

Some of the Black Metal heads took their scene too seriously and look what happened there.
While I agree they were wrong, I think their actions had more to do with their religious beleifs/heritage than some metal scene. I may be wrong.

Scourge of Malice said:
Then they're no better than people who play games like World of Warcraft all day and forget about they're real life.

Haha those people exist for the amusement of normal people. I was at a mates place (computer nerd) and he refused to eat tea until his 'war' on CS had finished. It was pathetic.

metal_wrath said:
Yes, I agree that it is just music, I don't take it too seriously...Just I can't stand pretentious music.

While I agree they were wrong, I think their actions had more to do with their religious beleifs/heritage than some metal scene. I may be wrong.

I wouldn't say you're wrong, I suppose it was to do with the religious beliefs etc, but on the other hand i certainly think the scene has something to do with it. Put it this way, Iwouldn't go so far as to say that Black Metal was the cause of the church burnings, murders etc but it certainly facilitated it.

Porcupine Tree
Pink Floyd
Led Zep
Cream
The Doors
Anathema
Doves
Magic Numbers
The Music
Beck
A Perfect Circle
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains
Anekdoten
Queen
My Vitriol

Cassette Boy
DJ Shadow
DJ Yoda
Pump DJ's
LTJ Bukem
Orbital
Future Sound of London
Leftfield
Coldcut
Sasha
Massive Attack

and i cant be bothered to list anymore

Dalkaen said:
I'm just saying that a lot of power metal bands take themselves seriously and don't realize that their stuff sounds a bit cheesy. I bet Symphony X takes themselves seriously.

I fully disagree my friend. I suppose being a proffesional musician is different to most jobs, you have a certain image you have to present. If anything I'd turn your original comment round and say the bands don't take themselves totally seriously but the fans do.

The Seatbelts
Dave Brubeck
Stan Getz
Dizzy Gillespie
Art Blakey
Charlie Parker
Jaco Pastoriouss
Jeff Beck
The Pillows
The Yardbirds
The Birds
The Rolling Stones