Do you listen to music when you do art?

the bands, i thought emo was a dress code or something but i hear its a music style

on second thoughts, i could paint a person walking through city streets at night, when listening to miles davis. now that man could phrase

The answer to your question: YES. The difference in quality in when I draw without music to when I do is incredible. I can't draw without music!
As for making my artwork darker... I doubt it. I start from the beginning wanting it to be dark. I actually listen to a lot Pink Floyd and other non-dark stuff when I draw. I don't think what I listen to specifically really effects my art... it just makes it better no matter what. ;)
If you want to see my art, the link's in my sig.
Do you not think that, should you listen to something darker, it would affect your art? I think you should try that!
And about your art - well, from what I saw on your blog, your art is very dark. Beautiful and dark.

I seem to absorb the feelings of whatever I listen to while I draw. I'll temporarily sync stuff I don't like to my mp3 and go somewhere(preferrably a park down the road) and draw, so it's just whatever I want to get on paper, listen to that kind of music.
Example:
I want to draw something sweet for someone, maybe my boyfriend at the moment or one of my close friends-
Blue October-You make me smile, She's My Ride Home
My Chemical Romance-entire I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love album, The Sharpest Lives, Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You
AFI-Summer Shadow(or someting like that)
But if I want to release some pent up energy from being mad, for whatever reason-
anything by The Number 12 Looks Like You
Bring Me The Horizon-Braile
Mushroomhead-(some minute long song with some kind er bestial screaming)
Mudvayne-All That You Are, Happy?, Just, Determined
etc.
And in like 15 minutes I can go from depths of hell depressed to love life and pick daises.

I don't pick daises.:ill:

Right.:D
That's interesting. Admittedly I've never listened to any of those artists that you listed, but it's interesting that you can change modes like that.

Do you not think that, should you listen to something darker, it would affect your art? I think you should try that!
And about your art - well, from what I saw on your blog, your art is very dark. Beautiful and dark.

Well I listen to a lot of dark music as well like Opeth, Tool, Meshuggah, ... anything I'm the mood for. Could be Bloodbath, Dissection, Nile, or Morbid Angel or it could be Pink Floyd, The Beatles, or Camel.

what the hell is up with all of the bashing on fear of a blank planet? that album fucking owns, I dont care what any of you say. That album produced at MINIMUM 18 minutes of glorious music. Others may be considered differently, but still I love the album. die haters.

I try to make paintings and drawings from time to time, and a while ago I was working on a pretty dark oil painting, and had just recently downloaded an album from a group called Growing, have any of you heard of them? Anyway, I didn't really think it would affect my paintning in any way, however, I actually think it did, because I gradually felt more calm and relaxed, wich I think made it easier for me to focus on the painting and the feeling I wanted it to have. Hm, weird :) If you haven't heard any of Growing's music, you can just listen to it and I think you'll know what I mean... :)

No Music = No Art for me. Actually if I'm not extremely bored that's the case but in class, creativity is forced out of boredom. :p

Writing would be my art form of choice, and I always listen to music whilst writing. It has to be an album I know really well though, because I like it to be in the background. If it's something i've only recently acquired I end up listening too closely to the music to actually write anything.

Imstill waiting formyceramicsteacher to fire my skull and brain so I can glaze it. I have recently finished my 2nd project. It is a jack in the box clow coming out of a tv holding a hatcht. It looks pretty awesome.