other music

sgswimmer

Sep 28, 2008
is anyone besides me really, really addicted to slipknot's psychosocial?
as far as really heavy riffs...that one takes the cake in my book
its fucking addicting

oh and anyone else really like gojira?
they have some really awesome stuff (see: flying whales, vacuity)

flying whales has probably one of the heaviest riffs I've ever heard
its just my opinion tho

prepare for a bunch of people to tell you how bad slipknot is, even though everyone on this god forsaken board listens to ayreon and devin townsend. but don't get me wrong, slipknot is terrible

I actually like some of Slipknot's first album. I think it was pretty creative and intense at the time. Not a big fan of them now. Psychosocial does nothing for me.

Gojira is great! I love The Way of All Flesh album.

I would've liked the new Slipknot album more if they didn't add a melodic hook every damn song.

No offense, but I find Slipknot music too repetitive and simplistic (in a bad way) for my liking. I mean, it seems every song is tuned down a couple steps, a riff on a string or two, repeat, melody with some "singing" here, back to riff, etc.

im not a fan of slipknot either, but its that one song...
i just freak out every time i hear it on the radio

as far as gojira...i love their riffs....love them
they are really really awesome in my book.
defenitely underrated

and YES to mastodon

^Yes, but everybody likes randomness! I know I do!

-Slipknot... They have some good songs, yeah. Never tried to get much into them, some stuff sounds pretty horrid.
-Gojira is a good band.
-I liked atleast that one song by Mastodon, which is "The Wolf is Loose". Other songs were a bit less ok from my memory.
-What ele has been mentioned? .... Rammstein, I see.... They're ok, got me into metal when I was a kid. Actually some really good stuff in it's own simple way.

So am I supposed to name another metal band that is nothing like Opeth now?

.........Electric Wizard, anyone?